• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another hard start

Liv2Dive2

Danger of what?

Did you confirm your glow plugs are all good? They can go bad with one cycle(reality). Test them now. Look for 1-3 ohms.
I did, that's why I started thinking IP.

I guess I'm concerned about moisture or other contaminates getting into theengine with the Intake manifold off.

Last edited:

Scarecrow1

When you decide to have the starter rebuilt try Richburgs Electric on east Palmeto street in Florence, He is the only guy I trust to do a good job anymore locally. I buy all my batteries from him and have had several units rebuilt by him and he stands behind all his work. Just close up the hood and make sure all this rain doesn't get in where it shouldn't. Remember these trucks are made to be wet so it should be fine.......

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, just a towel or large rag over the engine to keep dust out and it will be fine for a while.

Liv2Dive2

Well I know it's been a year, but I figured I'd update this, I got PCSed to Alabama, and as such ended up taking the Beast over to Above and Beyond Automotive over in Summerville, they figured out it was the external fuel pump, replaced it and cranked right up...of course then we figured out the solenoid in the IP pump I installed was bad, so replaced that and I'm back in business. I'm now getting a little bit of oil leaking, but she got me from SC to NC and then down to AL without an issue... Now I just have to fix the tailgate and paint her and I'll be good to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks