• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Lucky Winner...I Think

renovate7

Wish I hadn't gone to the MVPA convention in Huntsville and seen the 5 Ton that GL brought in for display...I "won" one of the 925A1's out of Eglin yesterday. I actually thought I'd won 2 (!) Thursday at 5 PM but realized the auction ended Friday, Whew!...I 've had several Deuces, including a paid in full invoice that arrived yesterday for the newest one, but no 5 Tons. I'm sure I'm going to have a "few" questions.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats. After you change the first flat, the first question will be "Anyone know a good chiropractor?"

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, I've added a deuce tire too. If I ever get the urge to buy another deuce, I'll just try to upright that tire for a roll and that should do it

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Yep, I've added a deuce tire too. If I ever get the urge to buy another deuce, I'll just try to upright that tire for a roll and that should do it
The super singles on my M927 weigh about 500 pounds each.....there is extendable boom behind the cab that a chainfall can be attached to for loading/unloading the spare.

I've found that the best way to deal with a tire change/repair is to take it to the repair shop down the road....for thirty five bucks they did all the heavy lifting.:mrgreen:

Last edited:

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations on the new toy. :) Which lot number did you get? I was watching those trucks and was really wanting to bid on one due to the low prices but the wife would have killed me for sure as we are trying to save money to buy a house next year (we're tired of all the restrictions of living in military housing). Plus I really want an M931 since I already have a class A CDL to meet Florida's requirement.

Anyhow, how do you plan on getting it home? You going to have it shipped? Also, did I catch it correctly that you're in Polk County (I think you mentioned that in a previous post and your location just says Florida)? If so I'm just west of you. If you need some extra muscle working on it let me know.

RIDDLE1

Wish I hadn't gone to the MVPA convention in Huntsville and seen the 5 Ton that GL brought in for display...I "won" one of the 952A1's out of Eglin yesterday. I actually thought I'd won 2 (!) Thursday at 5 PM but realized the auction ended Friday, Whew!...I 've had several Deuces, including a paid in full invoice that arrived yesterday for the newest one, but no 5 Tons. I'm sure I'm going to have a "few" questions.
Congrats! I to just entered the 5 ton world yesterday also.

renovate7

I "won" lot 6303. It was one of only 2 or 3 that had the troop seats and cargo cover, also a winch. Paid $3100. I haven't really followed 5 tons but hear $4K and up is the norm. Several were under $3K. It was event 10888 if anyone wants to look at the closed results... I've got someone that has done recoveries for others in this area and may drive it back for me. My last 3 I've had trucked. The cost to drive my van (15 mpg), take a friend, stay in a hotel, buy a bunch of meals, drive both vehicles back, and possibly pay to get towed off of an Interstate after a breakdown is way higher than $800-$1000 to get it trucked back...I'm in Lakeland and will be at MacDill this Thursday picking up an M35A2C....I've been to most of our Florida Rally's but 90 miles is too far to drive on of these. I will have one of these and maybe the 151A2 at the Lakeland Car Show in October.

renovate7

I'm getting the green one that had all the gauges, troop seats and cargo cover. I went over and previewed them, it is in very good condition. It had sold in a previous auction and wasn't payed for. 2 of the other 3 trucks had hydraulic tailgates on them and went for $2500+-. If you want a liftgate they are great, the gates are big bucks. However, you can't get in the back of the truck without lowering them, a big hassle and killing any future value of the truck. They also had all the gauges missing.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DC3coyote had a lift gate deuce at the Steel Soldiers Florida Rally quite a few years back. That lift gate was such a blessing for so many things.

renovate7

I'm planning on having someone with a lowboy haul it back. I'm going over (very) early to meet Tim from GL and see if I can get it running. I'm planning to go and get 2 new batteries, diesel and whatever else I need. My friend's lowboy doesn't have winch. PC I'm sending you an email to see if you can help tow it. Also what you think the odds are of pull starting it etc.