• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M1008 700r4 Project

Iceman3005

More pics of sun shell, clean trans, 2/4 band servo that is disassembled, and trans reassembly jell. This is a must when rebuilding transmissions, NEVER EVER put a trans together dry, it is not done on a bearing don't do it to the trans. That is a sure way to fry one in a couple of hundred miles. Also soaking the clutches and steel for 12 hours is a must, everything inside the trans needs to be lubricated before it is assembled.

Attachments

Iceman3005

Also in the pics just below we have a new correct TV cable, and a new correct 700r4 dip stick and tube! not in the pics is the clean trans pan with a new magnet.

Iceman3005

Getting the transmission rebuild close to being done, almost the whole trans is put back together. One little plastic piece inside the pump stopped me from doing any work, can't finish until I get the new part this afternoon.

Attachments

Iceman3005

Finally got it pretty much done, it drives very nice! Have to adjust shift points, it is shifting to early. The torque convertor isn't locking up, need to drop pan and see why, it has 12v power at the trans connector so it has to be a wiring issue inside trans. I either put the connector on wrong or a wire came loose.
The cross over for the turbo has an exhaust leak, it was not easy to reinstall the cross over so I will have to adjust it to get a seal. Also the power steering bolts are all loose so I am going to fix that.

Other than that was a nice drive, trans shifts smoothly with no noises!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks