• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another m1009 project for me.

camoyj7

I won another M1009 last week at Sparta. It looks to be in really good shape with only a little rust. The back of the truck has plywood on the floor and sides and the oil & trans pans have boxes welded to them. It look like it was set up for an arctic heater at one time. Has anyone else seen the wood inside like this?

Attachments

taylordc15

Yep part of the Arctic Heater Kit. Mine has it as well. Looks like yours is missing the two swing fire heaters and the arctic battery boxes under the hood.

camoyj7

Yep part of the Arctic Heater Kit. Mine has it as well. Looks like yours is missing the two swing fire heaters and the arctic battery boxes under the hood.
Do you have any pic's of the arctic kit? Well I got it started today. For some reason they took off the wires to the starter. Once I hooked them up she fired right up.

Last edited:

toddm

Looks like a nice truck, Kenny hauled my M1009 from McCoy about a month ago. It is really nice to drive and the brakes work better on it than my 2002 Avalanche! I only had to replace the wiper motor and all of the dry rotted tires. Been driving it to work everyday.

Attachments

chevyguy1976

Nice score, I saw they had a bunch. I have been wanting one and sparta is about as close to me as any of the GL sites are. They are just going a bit too hig for me. maybe someday :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks