• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M1009 Recovery

Roboskid

Well today Jhyatt7 and I drove to the Ft Worth area to pick up the 1986 M1009 I purchased from K9Vic. That man is a CUCV wizard. He went to the trouble to install new shocks and a steering dampener before I picked it up. This was wasn't part of the deal for the agreed price it was a bonus he added. See following post for more pics.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/vehicl...t-fully-restored-north-texas.html#post1136549

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And now its parked at my place, where I will be embarrassed to have my 1009s next to it! I will have to become motivated to clean them up. :)

You got a good one Sid! :beer:

Cheers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tee hee! I told ya you couldn't/wouldn't stop at one.......:twisted:

Saturday at the parade we were talking accessories, that's a serious secondary complication of OD disease. You, sir, are incurable now.

Cheers

Roboskid

Thanks Rory all it needs is a new camoflauge paint job and tires and its done. All ready got the antenna Mount brackets and antennas.

I'm gonna drive it in the up coming Lockhart parade. Wohoo its first public viewing.

Last edited:

K9Vic

Glad to hear it has gone to a good home and will be proudly displayed at shows and parades. Once it is painted it will look even better and have that new look.

I was told the shocks were replaced by the county that owned it, but I wanted to be sure they were OK. I got a great deal on them at the 4 Wheel Parts - Truck & Jeep Fest that was in Dallas that weekend.

Here is a picture I took the morning you picked up the M1009 on a test drive to verify all was OK. This is a local speed shop that has a M35 on display out front, Speedtek.

Attachments

olivedrab

Hey guys I am located in the Dallas area and own a 1985 m1009 and was wondering if y'all have any recommendations for some fairly extensive bodywork. Last weekend a 16 year old girl was driving under the influence AND texting and managed to plow her Jeep Patriot right into the rear drivers side of my truck while it was parked outside of my home. The bumper took a lot of the impact (her vehicle was completely totaled) but I still got a decent amount of damage to the tail gate and rear drivers side panel. Unfortunately there was another car parked in front of me which my truck was pushed into damaging the grill guard, grille itself, as well as the slave hookup. I have a feeling I am going to have a heck of a time convincing the insurance companies that this vehicle is worth more than the average civvy blazer and that parts aren't exactly readily available. Thanks for your time

Attachments