• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M1010 owner

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Decided on a communication method for the truck. Purchased the @midlandusa #mxt575 because it fits neatly in small places and is high powered. We’ll have to see if a external speaker is necessary. New antenna cable came in to replace the magnetic mount. That’s as high as I can get and probably want my antenna! I ran out of zip ties and will clean up the loose wires. 🤦‍♂️ 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv #k30 #campulance
You need a better antenna. Go with a 1/4 wave.. you'll thank me.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where have you been going lately in that right beautiful rig of yours, Mad Texan?

What super sights are you seeing?!
I've done a few nights here and there since going to MAOF. I was hoping to make the Steel Soldier Rausch Creek event last weekend but ran out of time. I'm planning on being in central PA this coming weekend for 3-4 days and do some down time...

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How well do you like the seats? I am looking for ideas on new seats.
I like them a lot! Side bolsters hold you in place nicely and the flatter bottom is easy to get in and out of which is nice with a lift. They've softened a little but aren't mushy like the originals. Monday's ride home was 3 1/2 hours of both back roads and some highway and I have no complaint's and I'm a bigger guy at 6'4".

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like them a lot! Side bolsters hold you in place nicely and the flatter bottom is easy to get in and out of which is nice with a lift. They've softened a little but aren't mushy like the originals. Monday's ride home was 3 1/2 hours of both back roads and some highway and I have no complaint's and I'm a bigger guy at 6'4".
Which model Corbeau Seat did you go with? Asking on behalf of my wife who has been bugging me for something more comfortable :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hit the road and had great weekend with great people! Staying just outside Tuscarora State Forest, we had more food, adult beverages than needed and burned a lot of wood! Had great conversations and laughs! Mother Nature tried to dampen spirits but she was unsuccessful!!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which model Corbeau Seat did you go with? Asking on behalf of my wife who has been bugging me for something more comfortable :ROFLMAO:

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the information on the seats. I will look them up and see what they are like.
Seat brackets may be another issue.

Tuscarora State Park is just down the road from us!

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the information on the seats. I will look them up and see what they are like.
Seat brackets may be another issue.

Tuscarora State Park is just down the road from us!
Here are the brackets I used. I did do a little customization for the inner front brackets and drilled holes for the inner rear mounts where the originals bolted to the seat belts...

Next time I'll have to let you know, maybe I can check out your clean CUCV's! I do plan on going back to Tuscarora for sure. Beautiful there!

Attachments

Another Ahab

While I was camping a while back a friend Phil @down2mob did a walk around of my M1010.

The guy's a hoot; everything is "rad"!!

I like at the end how he says just try out a build ("dive right in"), and after that (and the inevitable learning curve), you'll be able to do anything.

There's a lot if wisdom in that. Just get started (whatever it is).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks