• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M1010 owner

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
60 degrees yesterday, nice day to work on the M1010. This @offroaddesign 1 1/2โ€ tie rod and @bilsteinus steering stabilizer has been sitting in the corner for a while. Finished off with a tie rod mount for the stabilizer from @diy4x . Toe and go provided by @tmrcustoms to keep her headed straight. Definitely should be an upgrade from the stock setup! ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ #M1010 #cucv #k30 #campulance

Attachments

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
60 degrees yesterday, nice day to work on the M1010. This @offroaddesign 1 1/2โ€ tie rod and @bilsteinus steering stabilizer has been sitting in the corner for a while. Finished off with a tie rod mount from @diy4x . Toe and go provided by @tmrcustoms to keep her headed straight. Definitely should be an upgrade from the stock setup! ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ #M1010 #cucv #k30 #campulance
Wow!
Much beefier for sure!

That alignment tool is pretty sweet too.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Decided to take on a bigger project today. Been dreading drilling a couple of these holes. Measured at least a dozen times, the first one is always worst. Itโ€™s anchored into the body structure so itโ€™s damn solid. @taruca_usa darkness by Bushwakka 270+ awning, @rackbrax mounting brackets and @racksbrax.us hitch mounts. ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ #M1010 #cucv

Attachments

Another Ahab

Decided to take on a bigger project today. Been dreading drilling a couple of these holes. Measured at least a dozen times, the first one is always worst. Itโ€™s anchored into the body structure so itโ€™s damn solid. @taruca_usa darkness by Bushwakka 270+ awning, @rackbrax mounting brackets and @racksbrax.us hitch mounts. ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ #M1010 #cucv

You always got something interesting going on, Mad Texan. Nice item!

Just curious:

- How fast can you drop all that if the wind suddenly picks up?

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You always got something interesting going on, Mad Texan. Nice item!

Just curious:

- How fast can you drop all that if the wind suddenly picks up?
It actually opens and closes up rather quickly. A little longer on closeup due to folding/ rolling the fabric and securing everything with Velcro straps. But no more than 5 minutes and in reality itโ€™s less. Iโ€™ve now opened it twice and already did better with closing it.

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This has been an idea in my head for quite some time. My simplistic drawing was fabricated by Matt @camfabrication in Topton, PA, with some parts from @ruffstuffspecialties . I wanted to make sure the right side door would open with the tire in place and hold my 60โ€ @hiliftjacks . Also have the tire swing past the body. Itโ€™s attached with the shackle mounts to the bumper structure with 5/8โ€ bolts. Next some finish to protect it. ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ #M1010 #cucv #k30 #campulance

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While getting the tire carrier built I had another small project done as well. Not looking to tow anything big at all. But the option of a M102 or a flat fender jeepโ€ฆ ๐Ÿค”. Or, a step when the steps canโ€™t be used. ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ #M1010 #cucv #k30 #campulance

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took a little trip last week logging about 350 miles. My first stop at @abcbrewco in Mechanicsburg, PA on my way to @overlandfestival . Appropriately the gps took me over back roads to event. Parked in a large field and ready to relax! Already meet some great people. A great event put on by @mainlineoverland . We had a whiskey and bourbon sampling on Friday night and another fire! ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ #M1010 #cucv #k30 #campulance

Attachments

Last edited:

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Decided on a communication method for the truck. Purchased the @midlandusa #mxt575 because it fits neatly in small places and is high powered. Weโ€™ll have to see if a external speaker is necessary. New antenna cable came in to replace the magnetic mount. Thatโ€™s as high as I can get and probably want my antenna! I ran out of zip ties and will clean up the loose wires. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ #M1010 #cucv #k30 #campulance

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks