• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M1010 owner

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally getting started on the back by making some sawdust... and test fitting

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great pics. Thanks!

Is cast iron for the gear case at all unusual?

And then (you know, so may great pics, so many lame questions), what's your panel finish, plain polyurethane?
The NV4500's were all cast iron, one reason they are desirable.

As far as the panel finish, I had started with a piece of scrap wood and finish I had sitting around. The finish is Waterlox Satin finish. I'm not using any stain, just straight out of the can, to show the grain and keep the interior lighter...

Questions are fine

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, questions, it's how I learn stuff!

I don't learn too fast, mind you. I'm kind of a numbskull.

But eventually I actually DO get a little smarter.
Questions and reading are the basis of learning... but trust me that I have more than a few scars that created great learning moments! :ROFLMAO:

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some more assembly required disassembly for progress... added rivnuts in the wall studs to anchor things. I still have some doors to make.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Some more assembly required disassembly for progress... added rivnuts in the wall studs to anchor things. I still have some doors to make.
That's a good looking heavy-duty installation. Nice.

What kind of lumber is that clear-grained tropical looking wood at the seating/ sleeping area (the 2x material)?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks