• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M1010 owner

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:LOL: If it works it works! I was looking at the Jatonka cover yesterday morning and if there was online ordering it would be ordered... ;)
I've had my Jatonka grille cover for a few years and it really improves the winter-time heating in the cab. I purchased mine directly from John. You can reach him at jatonka@telenet.net . Great guy to work with.

DSC02633.JPG DSC02637.JPG DSC02636.JPG

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had my Jatonka grille cover for a few years and it really improves the winter-time heating in the cab. I purchased mine directly from John. You can reach him at jatonka@telenet.net . Great guy to work with.

View attachment 821308
I do really like his cover! I just wish there was a way to open it on days that were a little warmer. Instead of just either on or off...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do really like his cover! I just wish there was a way to open it on days that were a little warmer. Instead of just either on or off...
I think one with a flap in it like the deuce would be ideal. I know John makes his to duplicate the originals. How did the workhorse do in the snow with the NoSpin? My driveway is fairly steep and at the bottom it slants to the side. My trucks walk a little sideways for a while going up the hill until it evens off. It was a little edgy the first time I tried it.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think one with a flap in it like the deuce would be ideal. I know John makes his to duplicate the originals. How did the workhorse do in the snow with the NoSpin? My driveway is fairly steep and at the bottom it slants to the side. My trucks walk a little sideways for a while going up the hill until it evens off. It was a little edgy the first time I tried it.
Yeah, the lack of opening is the only thing holding me back.

As far as the truck in snow, extremely predictable compared to my CJ7 that had a locker. It would walk out a little and then dig enough to grab. For the picture I had t put it in 4 wheel drive to move some fluids around.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Making puzzle pieces 🧩 since it warmed up 😆. Finally opened up the bed roll to see what it looks like... instructions say 72 hours for it to regain full shape so it’s going back inside where it’s warmer. Looks like it could be comfy... 🤔. Maybe a New Years hangout... 🧨 💥 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #m1010

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’ll be easy and fun to put 27 2.5” holes in 3/4” Baltic birch plywood... aua Serious battery killer!!! I put it together again. Mattress is filling out after being freed from from its plastic wrapper. I’m thinking 🤔 this is going to work! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #m1010 #cucv

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying to keep busy with things! I’ve chased a few issues that turned out to be minimal luckily! Currently doing the waterlox thing but I’ll have to wait on finish coats because I’m almost out. But there is some great grains coming out with the finishing. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #m1010

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some more progress on the battery box. Finished off with waterlox and started assembling it again. Use some foam tape to make the cells tight together and the threaded rod for some compression. Well the pretty blue light means we have a Bluetooth connection to the bms! We’re seeing all the cells and overall charge still hasn’t changed that much since they were shipped. I need to make a panel for the top to keep anything from falling in. Total weight is 108lbs for 24v and 280Ah. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #m1010

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Test 8012: The heart of camper end of the truck today. I’m back feeding the original panel through the Anderson plug and currently feeding the DC to DC charger with the original wire from the 24v bus. With the engine idling I’m getting 24-25 amps charging and seeing 1.09 amp discharge without the engine running with the heater and stereo on. The fridge should add about .4 amps when running. Still need to finish some hold downs for the battery box! Happy with results!!! 😁. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #m1010

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

Last edited:

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Working on another project for the M1010 and getting some creative inspiration... 🥃 while waiting for the snow to melt! Picked up some Axitec panels from Krannich Solar East. Did a quick check on how I’m going to hold them in the framework. 👍 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #m1010

Attachments

m35a22ton

There seems to be a trend with M1010 threads right now!

I have been reading a lot here and finally pulled the trigger on a M1010. My original intent was to drive it home as the owner was confident it should be ok. Well, it died on the road test, lost power, but would idle. I walked back to his house and explained it was down the block. we did get it back to his house with a tow. He came down on his price but I had no way to get it home. He said he would have it looked at and we would keep in touch...

When I checked with him he said it started up after sitting and backed in the driveway no problem. Good info for diagnostics! He said he was going to just put a filter on it. Uhmm... My thoughts were that wasn't going to solve the issue. I slept on it. The next morning knowing that it would at least start up again, I made him a offer saying just leave it as is. Some haggling that ended with him saying, "If my wife asks, you paid me this $$." OK!

Thus started the recovery...

Start of list: Drop tank, replace all rubber lines,
VERY NICE TRUCK, LOVE THE CAMPING OPTION!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Detail is amazing as is the wood finishing. I need to go back thru the thread and look for the aluminum extrusions you used. Those are darn nice.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Detail is amazing as is the wood finishing. I need to go back thru the thread and look for the aluminum extrusions you used. Those are darn nice.
Thanks for the complements! Mike is correct that 80/20 is a manufacturer of extruded aluminum. I used them for the first section I built. Since then I have used a company called tnutz.com, it is compatible and they have a lot of the same accessories. Occasionally, something is only in 80/20. I also use a software application MayCAD for the basis of the designs that I have done.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks