• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M109 to camper conversion!

phil2968

Phil...i just gotta ask. Why did you place the AC unit in a side window instead of the front window near the cab?

We are just gonna leave ours mounted in the the front window with a cover for when it's in transit/not being used.

I was missing a window in that spot and I already had the ac and it was such a good fit and it is only temporary. I will install an RV roof air when money is available.

zout

Phil - jsut had to take some time and start from the front of your thread and see your progress. Great job and keep it up - the benefits of doing it right the first time pay off in the end.

Keep them pics coming.

phil2968

Just a small update. Still waiting for money to complete the camper! $200 a week for day care takes it toll on the budget! I made a few small upgrades for the trip to the Ga Rally. For all you 109 owners', I installed window clips that are held in place with a set screw. One at the top and one at the bottom prevents the black out panel from moving up or down or falling out! The throttle cable will help with the long stretches of I-75 on the way to the 10SSGR.The last pic shows the reason for the clips, on pull on the slide clip and it came off in my hand!!

Attachments

Green_gator

Phil,
If you decide to not put the steel panels back in let me know. One of mine wandered off during the work and a couple of them are in very rough shape.