• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M37 Question

Barrman

Is the head bolt torque specs and tightening sequence the same for the M37 and the civilian engine?

I figure it is, but it doesn't hurt to ask. We are ready to put the head back on Sermis' M37 and all I have here in my class is a book with old car specs.

Thanks.

CGarbee

The specs for this and the pattern are in the Engine and Clutch TM. I don't have it handy at work, but I can look them up tonight for you... I think that the pattern and values are the same as for the civilian 230, but it's best to check... :)

I'll be back at the house at 1800hrs EDT.

Barrman

Thank you gentlemen.

I realize a google or yahoo search will find answers to just about anything you want. But, I trust the answers given here and therefore ask important questions here.

Barrman

I got the gasket in the mail the other day. One side is copper and the other is normal modern head gasket material. Which way goes up? The copper side is smooth with no marking. The other side has a few words and numbers, but no "this side up" on it.

Thanks.

amanco

On the head gasket that I replaced, the edges inside the combustion chambers flaired to the top and rounded over. So the smooth side was down and the edges rounded over were on the top.

Capt.Marion

COPPER DOWN!!!

EDIT: I figure you'd enjoy to know that I just did the same thing to mine. Did you get the head planed/milled? That is a must! (even if you think its even)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks