• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M59?

EdMontana

Great catch Kenny...now the seller says he was told is a 1953...but the date plate show a 77 contract and 78 delivery year...!?! truck may be better than he thinks....

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great catch Kenny...now the seller says he was told is a 1953...but the date plate show a 77 contract and 78 delivery year...!?! truck may be better than he thinks....
Don't know what the deal is with that but it wouldn'd be a '70s truck being a gasser and I think they only buit M59s in the early years. Maybe somebody swapped out the dash at some point.

Edit- Went back and looked at the pics. I think that's the data plate for the hardtop.

Last edited:

Jeeperjoe

i was actually looking at that truck and said NAW i dont want a blue dump... good score though, i hope you can get the brakes working :)

zak

If I can help, I have indefenite storage about 60 or so miles north( greenbush, MI). It'll keep the M342a2 company). And I'm up here now so if you need anything for me to do for you ( I drive by Linwood on my way home) tomorrow( sunday ) PM me. I will also be up here next weekend so let me know if you need anything.

citizensoldier

Hey Zak let me know what Kenny says. If you could tow it to your place could I take Kenny' parts off it there? I could then come down and tow it home with my wrecker. I am just stacked up busy right now and that would help to get some breathing room. Is your dumper up there?

grounded

Banned
Well i have been informed by LAne that this is another SS relay race to get the parts from MI to GA for the rally .. LOL. Kenny just to let you know im in. or will get them go gimpy. LOL..

ONLY SS can have a relay on truck parts accross country rofl

zak

Lane I don't have a tow bar otherwise everything would be good. Yes the dump is in Green bush. If we can get it up here than time is of no problem. Talk with DaveP I think he is coming this way next week end, maybe he can supply his help and or tow bar.

citizensoldier

I don't know if he can help but he could get you my tow bar. I will see him tororrow and chat with him.. I think he will be driving some type of land train so I am not sure of the help.. We will work it out. If this guy cant wait I will just go get it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lane, we have at least 2 weeks to fetch it, maybe more!
Update, just paid for it. She is having her brother search for the data plate that looks to be removed for painting. She said 30 days to hook it out of there but I don't want to wait until the last day and scramble to move it.

Last edited:

zak

ok, storage offer still stands if needed or any other help. Will be driving by about 10am if you need a preview and its ok with property owners. Will also be that way Thursday afternoon.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Larry! I'm still waiting on contact info from the seller. I may take you up on your offer for Thursday just to make sure it can be towed by Lane. I'd also try to con you into some better pics, especially of the quarter fenders and spare tire carrier / tool box. Saved yer number if you want to delete it!