• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M931 Question... Step Mod

joesco

Guys,
Yesterday I went to take a look at a local M931A1 for sale, here is NH and much to what I expected it was the typical condition of a New England based truck, lots of rust and neglect. Because they are rare in New England, this was the first 5 ton tractor I have been in and driven.

The real disappointment and massive frustration was my ability to get into and out of the cab. I have to use a cane to get around because of a useless left leg and it was extremely difficult getting into and out of the truck, due to its height and step configuration.

This wasn't a major issue when I had my former bobbed M35A2 because of the smaller tires and large step/platform.

My question...

Has anyone had this issue and fab'd a step modification for easier access into and out of the cab? Suggestions welcome, thanks very much!!!

I lost my left leg just below the knee as a result of a getting hit on my motorcycle, traumatic amputation during the impact. It took me a few times getting in and out on my 932 but I was able to figure out to put my right foot up on the step and use the grab handle and driver's seat to pull my self up. Its not too bad, I normally figure, "It could always be worse"

goldneagle

There is already a thread started about adding a step to the M939 trucks. Please search for that thread. A lot of good info in there.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks