• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another MEP003 is alive

Ray70

In your control cube, as you mentioned, you will have AC voltage available at the volt gage, which will still be controlled by you AM/VM switch.
You will no longer need the Frequency transducer, so you can disconnect it from the transformer.
If your gages also need 120VAC, ( in addition to the 120/ 208 /240 from the old AC meter ) you can get it by connecting the old AC wires that went into the transducer to the DC output wires of the transducer and that will give you 120V on the wires that used to be connected to the Hz meter.
Since your new gage is programmable, hopefully you can make it work with the original CT, otherwise there are cheap CT's available that can split open so you can snap them around the main AC lines without disconnecting them.

Once you finish the install, can you post pictures and a link to the gages used? It's always good for others to have options available!

Acableguy06

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In your control cube, as you mentioned, you will have AC voltage available at the volt gage, which will still be controlled by you AM/VM switch.
You will no longer need the Frequency transducer, so you can disconnect it from the transformer.
If your gages also need 120VAC, ( in addition to the 120/ 208 /240 from the old AC meter ) you can get it by connecting the old AC wires that went into the transducer to the DC output wires of the transducer and that will give you 120V on the wires that used to be connected to the Hz meter.
Since your new gage is programmable, hopefully you can make it work with the original CT, otherwise there are cheap CT's available that can split open so you can snap them around the main AC lines without disconnecting them.

Once you finish the install, can you post pictures and a link to the gages used? It's always good for others to have options available!
The gauge I am looking at uses 4 wires. hot/neutral for volt and Hz, the other 2 for the CT. I havnt tested but I am hoping the HZ is on the lines to the volt meter lines. And I am hoping the load gauge lines I can hook to the 2 connections for the CT. If this will all work that way would be great. At the finish I will only have one gauge, going to put a piece of flat aluminum over the 3 existing holes and cut a hole for one gauge in the middle. It's not going to look original but I am ok with that. I have attached pictures of what I am looking at. Looking at it again I am not sure it will. Think this will work?
Screenshot_20220929_085140.jpgScreenshot_20220929_085305.jpgScreenshot_20220929_085242.jpg

cuad4u

Look above at my thread on getting ready for the hurricane. On my 002A I added a NOS reed type Hz meter. Look at the fourth picture and you will see the reed meter installed on my 002A. It has been working perfectly for MANY years. There is a brand new one on ebay right now for $65. It fits and mounts in the meter hole on the 002A and 003A. All you have to do is wire it to 120VAC and you are ready to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks