• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another new guy from AZ

azdiesel

Hello everyone. Long time lerker. Ive always been a big fan of the 6.2/6.5 diesel engine and have always been interested In the CUCV platform. Several years ago I had a M1008 pickup and regrettably sold it. For the past 10 years I have kept my eyes open for another. Well, this past month I had the oppertunity to purchase a very nice M1010 from a local gov auction. My plans are to make it into a reliable camping/hunting/exploring rig. My goal is to take care of a few maintenance/reliability issues and pretty much outfit it with basic camping supplies and have fun. I don't want to get carried away with a ton of modifications right out of the gate. I want to use it and do improvments/modifications as I go. Anyway, I look forward to learning and meeting some new people. First item of business is to get my glow plugs squared away. Anyway...thanks in advance for the welcomes and have a good one.

Jared

kwest

Welcome Jared: I live in Camp Verde Az. and I have an M109A3 that I love to run around in. In the early 90's I cowboyed in Duncan and went to Safford as much as I could, the Pioneer (sp) The Bonnie Heather and the Riverfront weren't real active all the time. Well again welcome and tell me if you need anything.
Ken

MtnSnow

Hello and Welcome from Utah but I did time in Mesa/Gilbert during my high school years and also some time with the 1st/180th FA unit out of Mesa

azdiesel

Thanks for the welcomes. I made much progress today. I ordered a new GP card and got all the supplies to replace the battery cables today. I also picked up 2 new yellow top batteries. So im excited. The truck only has 9200 miles.

Ya Ken, its a nice area. Been here my whole life. I went to the Pioneer quite a bit, but not the others. Im familiar with them of course.