• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another new guy from GA

Jbarry

Hi all. I've been looking into refurbishing and selling off several old military 3kw and 5kw generators. Long story short: I live in a guest house of a mild hoarder. He wants me to rebuild a few for when the power grid goes down and get rid of the rest. Looking for advice on parting out or doing the rebuilds after. There's probably 9-15 5kw and 20-30 3kw. I have all the parts.
I'm good with electronics and I recently rebuilt an old BMW.
I don't want to scrap these. They're actually quite beautifully built.

Jbarry

Excellent point! And I must be honest, I'm just starting to get these all together to see if it's worth tackling as a project.
The model # I saw on the 3kw bell is 6115-999-5675 which I think makes the MEP-16c Diesel. I'll know more as I organize more.
Thanks for the welcome! I'm hoping no one threatens to roll over my German car with their tank.

MarksInnerDemon

Hey let me know what he is releasing them for if you get some up in a PM. I live about 4 hours away and with this last hurricane I am in the market. I just need to get a shed. I am not sure if they Army gens but some pics might help. I have some buddies in the army and can probably get manuals etc for them if we are lucky.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks