• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another New Guy from SC

HvyEng

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,

I've been reading for about a year, but just now speaking up. First and most importantly, thanks to everyone who posts here, the site is hands down the best source of info and conversation for BGS!

My background is USAF and aviation, and after many years of fixing, restoring, and flying other peoples stuff its finally time to have my own. The first, and originally intended to be the only, one was a 1983 M35A2C bought in Jan 2016. Now there is a 1953 M62-(A2), 1987 M105A2, and I'm going to Texarkana tomorrow to prep a 1971 M35A2 parts truck for shipment. They keep showing up magically in my "steel horse corral", or so I keep telling my wife... I'm currently using them to clear some land to eventually build a pole barn on. You gotta respect a truck that at 64 years old can still build its own garage. There is a method to the madness, first get them running, then put them to work, finally restore them once there is a good place to park.

Once the ol'e budget recovers, I'm on the hunt for an M52A2 w/w. My holy grail trucks would be an M123E2 or M748A2, but that's a long way off...

I live near Cottageville, SC, in the low country. Its OK, nobody else knows where it is either, unless you speed on 17A, then EVERYONE knows where it is!

My job requires frequent travel, so if I take a while to respond it might not be by choice, I'll get back eventually.

83K570
20160614_180420.jpg

2017-01-08 09.34.09.jpg

Look forward to talkin' with ya,

--Dan

General Hood

Hello,

I've been reading for about a year, but just now speaking up. First and most importantly, thanks to everyone who posts here, the site is hands down the best source of info and conversation for BGS!

My background is USAF and aviation, and after many years of fixing, restoring, and flying other peoples stuff its finally time to have my own. The first, and originally intended to be the only, one was a 1983 M35A2C bought in Jan 2016. Now there is a 1953 M62-(A2), 1987 M105A2, and I'm going to Texarkana tomorrow to prep a 1971 M35A2 parts truck for shipment. They keep showing up magically in my "steel horse corral", or so I keep telling my wife... I'm currently using them to clear some land to eventually build a pole barn on. You gotta respect a truck that at 64 years old can still build its own garage. There is a method to the madness, first get them running, then put them to work, finally restore them once there is a good place to park.

Once the ol'e budget recovers, I'm on the hunt for an M52A2 w/w. My holy grail trucks would be an M123E2 or M748A2, but that's a long way off...

I live near Cottageville, SC, in the low country. Its OK, nobody else knows where it is either, unless you speed on 17A, then EVERYONE knows where it is!

My job requires frequent travel, so if I take a while to respond it might not be by choice, I'll get back eventually.

83K570
View attachment 667777

View attachment 667778

Look forward to talkin' with ya,

--Dan
Welcome from SE OK, about 70 miles NW of Texarkana GP/GL facility

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks