• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

another new guy with question m1009

greenwood14

Hi recently purchased a m1009 blazer 1985 with under 17000k it sat for so long that it has taken some time to get it running it was left with a full tank so there could be trouble there the real main issue is i replaced the rotten tranny lines and changed the tranny filter and fluid the tranny does not shift always into 3rd i have to let off the gas and it will get into 3rd i found rotten vacuum lines in the back of the engine i noticed on th ip that there is a rubber vacuum block that had also split could not find one of those so i siliconed as best i could is this the problem or could there be underlying tranny problems? any info on this would greatly help as to save me money on people that could take me for a ride thanks this is a great site

davesbf

had same problem,third gear not shifting.your right about vac lines to tranny.follow back to top of engine where they split,plastic unit may be clogged,to verify you can disconnect vac hose and run direct to tranny bypassing unit.if it shifts to 3rd gear that is the problem,i am still running wiyh bypass in place and it shifts perfectly(actually better)

When it shifts is it a real hard, high-rpm shift? If so there may be more vacuum leaks, the vacuum pump is on the back of the 6.2, under the resistor block and behind the air cleaner housing where the distributor would be on a Chevy small-block engine.

Lines run from it to the IP to your split rubber hose connector. As far as I know, that rubber connector can be eliminated by just hooking the new lines to the ports on the vacuum regulator(the piece the rubber connector plugs onto).

A line runs to the back of the engine compartment from there, and (on my truck) attaches to a metal line which then goes down near the vacuum modulator on the transmission. It looks like a small soupcan sticking off the side, passenger side if I remember right. It has a vacuum port on it, which needs to be connected to the metal line that runs down from the engine compartment. If all those rubber pieces are good, it could be the regulator on the IP, the modulator on the transmission, or the vacuum pump itself.

Barring those three I think you are looking at some transmission work

The main concern with the fuel in the tank would be algae. I would recommend a complete flush of the fuel lines all the way up to (but not into)the IP. At the very minimum an algacide treatment of the tank, but personally I would pull the tank down after it's empty and really really make sure it's clean.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks