• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another new member of the 5 ton club..M923A2

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If someone would be kind enough to explain how to save the pics from the GL site I'd love to post them. I know mods here don't want links that expire.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bring the image up from GL and right mouse click and save image to your PC then post it up.

I believe that should do it.

ARYankee

Bring the image up from GL and right mouse click and save image to your PC then post it up.

I believe that should do it.
Yeah that will work. Just make sure you know where it is being saved to. If I download stuff off the internet and don't tell it where to save it to, my PC automatically saves it in a download folder.

Scarecrow1

You can also favorite the page on the GL event and even after 5 months it's still on the page. The video no longer works but everything else is still there. ......

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Very nice-congrats.

GHall

The pass side mid axle tire looks a little low.. They say the sidewall will get weak if it sits flat for too long.. Nice antenna mount.. Congrats and good luck!

Last edited:

HASSON1911

Thanks, and yes it does look low on both sides of the mid-axle, I suppose I can thank the CTIS for that. By the way Patriot congrats on your truck too, what are your plans with the ctis?

Vintage iron

Welcome to the club. I have had a M813 for years and loved it, but being a diesel mechanic always hated working around the front fenders and really wanted to upgrade the engine/transmission. Putting in a bigger Cummins with a turbo and a roadranger 10spd are hard to do in a M813, but easy to do in a M923. So I took the first step and bought a M923. Wish me luck. Good luck with your new truck. it is very important to read up on how to properly operate your truck. Not know how to operate it can cost you your transfer case and ABS module real quick!

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pass side mid axle tire looks a little low.. They say the sidewall will get weak if it sits flat for too long.. Nice antenna mount.. Congrats and good luck!
Is that the thing on the right fender? I was wondering. Is the antenna available anywhere for the mount?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the club. I have had a M813 for years and loved it, but being a diesel mechanic always hated working around the front fenders and really wanted to upgrade the engine/transmission. Putting in a bigger Cummins with a turbo and a roadranger 10spd are hard to do in a M813, but easy to do in a M923. So I took the first step and bought a M923. Wish me luck. Good luck with your new truck. it is very important to read up on how to properly operate your truck. Not know how to operate it can cost you your transfer case and ABS module real quick!
That sounds interesting! Take lots of pics! Thanks I will. What was the big nono? Reverse in low range?

HonkyCat

here ya go, on newer computers there is a snip program that is really handy for websites that dont let you take their hi-res pics, looks almost like mine I got off the same lot.
On most Windows based systems, the easiest way to save big pics that won't let you save by right-clicking is by hitting the "PrtScn" (Print Screen) button on the upper right hand side of your keyboard...then open the "Paint" program on most Windows systems...select the "Select" icon (the dotted square) in the tool menu on the left in Paint...right click in the drawing area and hit "Paste"...crop your image down with the same "Select" tool and by pulling the small blue squares on the top/center/bottom right towards the left of the screen ...under "File" select "Save As" and save in your favorite folder. It takes a bit of practice to crop it correctly, but it won't take you long to get the hang of it...;)

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
antenna

The hard parts to find which are specific to the 5 ton is the fender mounting bracket (you got it) and the support bracket behind it going down the fender (can't tell if you have it). You also have the sugar scoop which is pretty universal. All you need now is the antenna base and a whip.

There are several types of bases, some take the long metal whip (as3916) or the fiberglass 2 piece mast. None are readily useable for cb radio. Check the military radio and other electronics forum for advise.

I used the as3900 series but mine is for "show" for now. That mast is quite tall btw mounted on the fender, so if you do use it make sure to get the hold down kit also. I used some of the side supe rope bed hooks to connect it.

pad_cdr

I read this on another post, but never got around to trying it. Let's see if this works. If you move your cursor around on the screen, at some point it will change from a pointing finger to an arrow. On the first picture, it did this on the driver side bumper. If you do a save as, it saves the picturre, not the thumbnail.

Attachments

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I read this on another post, but never got around to trying it. Let's see if this works. If you move your cursor around on the screen, at some point it will change from a pointing finger to an arrow. On the first picture, it did this on the driver side bumper. If you do a save as, it saves the picturre, not the thumbnail.
Must depend on your OS or browser, mine I still don't get save as.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks