• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another newbie in SoCal

USMC91

Hey guys, I guess I'm doing this backwards, as I've already posted in the "Trailers" section.

I'm looking at potentially building a dirt-bike / adventure / camping trailer from an M116A3 (I haven't committed to it yet).

I'd love to figure out a way to pick up a Duece (always loved those trucks while I was in the Marines) but there's simply no place to park something like that at my little suburban home! :mrgreen:

Anyway, I've been reading the forums for some time, and just got around to finally registering last week or so.

Cheers,
Dale

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Oh, just so you know, it won't be long before you have your deuce.:mrgreen: Once you get bit by the MV bug, there's no turning back.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I'd love to figure out a way to pick up a Duece (always loved those trucks while I was in the Marines) but there's simply no place to park something like that at my little suburban home! :mrgreen:

Nowadays, I live on five acres of dirt near Riverside that I call Mark's Green Truck Ranch. Back when I lived in a little suburban home in Lake Forest, though, it looked like this (click picture to embiggen):

p05.jpg

:beer:

Edited to add: You can't see it, but there was also a HMMWV in that garage! ;)

Nowadays, I live on five acres of dirt near Riverside that I call Mark's Green Truck Ranch. Back when I lived in a little suburban home in Lake Forest, though, it looked like this (click picture to embiggen):

View attachment 368160

:beer:
Gee, ya wouldn't happen to have the room and equipment to bob a deuce there, would ya? I wanna bob mine, but I need somewhere close by to handle the heavy lifting without being in anyone's way.
:driver:

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Gee, ya wouldn't happen to have the room and equipment to bob a deuce there, would ya? I wanna bob mine, but I need somewhere close by to handle the heavy lifting without being in anyone's way.
:driver:
Well, I don't have equipment or knowledge for bobbing a deuce, but I'll tell you what I do have: a dropside deuce that I want to turn into cash! ;) And it'll be cheap since the HH decided to quit working while the truck was parked during my home construction project, and I don't have the time to work on it. So PM me if you don't want to wait until I get around to making a classified listing for it. ;)

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Welcome. I feel your pain. I would love to have an M35 or M109 but the driveway is only so big. I've started looking for a private party (someone with some sizable property) to store a future purchase on. Public type storage lots are nearly $150 bucks a month for a space. That adds up quick. Don't get me started on the HOA's or the want to be HOA's.