• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another newbie signing on w/ M35A2

bede63

Hi guys,
I have been on the SS site for a few months now, and have been wanting a deuce for 10 years. I was finally able to purchase a 67 Kaiser M35A2 WO/W locally back in November. I absolutely love this thing. It is everything I expected it to be and more. See pics below.

It has less than one year old canvas (Beachwood), and came wtih a complete winterization kit new in the box. Nice rubber, everything works perfectly, though it needs sprag adjustment. 48k, 800 hours

She is spending the winter laying low till I can get to all the PMCS when the weather gets warmer. It will be restored to 24087 Vietnam-era OD and markings eventually.

I will post the serial number in the next posting (don't have it with me), but in the interim here are the bumper numbers: right side 99 C-R, left side 400MP, HQ6. If anyone can supply any info on those it would be appreciated.

Shortly after buying this truck, one of the most basic lessons of deuce ownership was made clear to me. ...if one deuce is a good thing, then two must be better! I've been looking at an old gasser in NH, and trolling GL like an obsessed madman. I must now also get a winch truck. I have the green sickness and I blame you guys. :D

Thanks to you all for building this great community and for being so helpful to each other. I am proud to be a part of it and hope to meet some of you guys someday soon.

Best,
Charles Schneider
Raynham MA

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers, Charles! Glad to hear you got the OD bug as well!

Nice deuce you have there, bet you can't drive just one!

CanonNinja

sweet! Welcome! Glad you've caught the disease.. hehehe... everytime mine sits around and I think about selling it for something practical to drive, I end up taking it out and falling in love again, or finding another way to use/enjoy it!

bede63

Thanks to you all for the welcomes, I appreciate it!

Hippiedude: Please PM me about that M105 trailer, I'm interested. Thanks.

By the way if anyone in the New England area has some parts trucks or knows someone who does, please PM me as I have a need for a few used parts (small stuff mostly). Thanks.

Regards,
Charles

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome to Steel Soldiers, I was stationed at Fort Devens as a second lieutenant up in your neck of the woods.

That deuce was last marked by the 99th RSC which is the US Army Reserve Command that absorbed the 99th 97th and other commands back in the 90's The 400 MP Brigade was one of the Colonel Commands under the 99th. The HHC 6 is strange though as the number 6 was used for the commanders vehicle.

You will get a lot out of this site and the folks here are some of the best I know of.

Check out the member map and add your location to it.

What is the trailer or vehicle lurking behind the duece?