• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another North GA newbie

kastein

Nice welcomes here. I believe the MV crowd is even closer knit than my adventure motorcycling buds - which is saying something.

@197thhhc> the 11x20's have light sidewall checking and good tread, so that should give me time to understand what 395's are.
395s are what everyone calls the 395/85r20 size tires that various surplus dealers sell. They're HEMMT takeoffs as far as I know. I have a set of the Michelin XML ones in my yard waiting for me to find a set of 20" tubeless 10 hole Budd rims, I hate two piece rims...

Capt.Marion

Air filters? BTW, I am sure I could have held over 50, however I was unfamiliar with it and I wanted to make sure I didn't wring it out due to stupidity. I spent most of the trip between 2000-2300 rpm. I stayed pretty well away from the DANGER decal.
Fuel filters and air filter will be your biggest contenders. After that kind of drive, I would definitely go ahead and acquaint yourself with changing all three fuel filters since you probably cleaned out a lot of gunk from your fuel system with that much run time.

I'm not sure about servicing the air filter--you could blow it out with compressed air to see if you can clean it some. Hopefully someone else will chime in with tips for that.

Good thinking on taking it easy for the drive down--your truck loves you even more for that.

beemerphile

395s are what everyone calls the 395/85r20 size tires that various surplus dealers sell. They're HEMMT takeoffs as far as I know. I have a set of the Michelin XML ones in my yard waiting for me to find a set of 20" tubeless 10 hole Budd rims, I hate two piece rims...
Do they require a suspension lift to fit them?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You're in Danielsville? We're right outside Athens, in Statham.

Welcome to the site!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Ah! Sand Rock. I was born and spent my crawling years in Gadsden, AL before dad got a rocket scientist job and we moved to Huntsville. And yes, I am planning the GA Rally.
I was raised in Gadsden as well......left there when I was around 13......Mom got a teaching job in Montgomery and from there I went into the Army.

The Boss Lady and I have 40 acres on the mountain above Gadsden......I'll be dropping the Sandrock place like a hot rock in Oct.

If you get over this way give me a yell.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks