• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another reo amc interchange question.

il deuce

The other day I posted asking if a Reo pto would bolt on to an AMC tranny and was told it would bolt up and the drive shaft could be made to fit.I'm curious as what has to be done to make it fit.Thnks again for the help. Il Deuce.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the bell housing needs to be ground down a bit for the shaft to clear, talk to BFR, he did the same install on his crane truck build

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can we go back to the original thread and finish the conversation there? I'm not sure what was discussed there at all. If in fact you are using a PTO shaft from a gasser on a multifuel, Ron is correct that the bell needs to be clearanced. I've done it countless times, matter of fact I have 2 of the gasser PTO shafts I'd like to give away (pickup or SS Express only).

il deuce

gasser pto shaft

I have just picked up an old gasser with a pto winch and will be instaling it on a multifuel.As for the gasser it will more than likely appear on the classifieds after I remove the winch and pto.Thanks for the help guys.