• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another revived MV

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to the Museum yesterday. Revived a LARK XV. Has 2 V8300 Cummins engines...yes, the same as the one in the M123, only marinized, bet, has conventional AND keel cooling! I'll take more pics later, I was covered in battery goo and didn't want to touch my camera after we took these.

Attachments

Boatcarpenter

Will, when you say conventional, do you mean radiator and fan or a closed engine loop and a raw water side with a heat exchanger, being the keel cooler? Or , is it that there is a fan and radiator and the engine coolant also goes through the keel cooler? In other words, how is it set up exactly.
Thanks, BC
BC

mhb285

Will,
I went by there on Thursday on my way to a job interview in Rosemead. . Came back by there at 11am and they still weren't open. I wanted to check them out. Any chrge for admission?
Mike

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are only open Friday thru Sunday, 10 am to 4 pm, to the public, sometimes there are special groups that go thru, I think. BC, it has 2 cooling systems. 1, just like a truck, with a radiator and fan for each engine, and a marine cooling system that uses the sea water to cool the closed loop system. I'll find out more on it the next time I go back Seems funny to see a boat with wheels, and a truck with a propeller! The tires are taller than I am and it has a single propeller under the cabin, that is about 2 feet in diameter. Here's a few more pics, I had to stop short earlier to get ready for church.

Attachments