• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another roadside find

combat32

Saw this one off a major road near me, so I am sure it has been asked about a lot. I will try to locate the owner anyway, even though it is pretty beat maybe he will let me buy a couple of parts off this one that I need for mine.

Attachments

KaiserM109

It looks to me like there's enough there to be worth saving at some level, particularly since M37s are getting rare. I'd love to have the old beast with a decent engine and transmission.

combat32

Wait a minute, that truck should be under a snow drift right now?
Right you are I got that pic a few months ago,

It has been my experience that a vehicle sitting right beside the road is "not for sale" as it has usually been asked about several times already. Not in the market for another truck right now but I could sure use those troop seats in the back:D

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate that term rare - it gets used and thrown around more than a midget whore. Just because something is old doesn't make it rare. And if something is indeed rare, it still doesn't equate to more value. Thomas Jefferson's boogers are rare, not like anyone is going to pay a lot for them.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya got one of those Mike? ROFLMAO! Nice find on the road side. Don't see much like that around here. Ya want a double wide trailer on blocks? Them we have! LOL

God bless,
Tony

combat32

M37s aren't rare.

I agree, depends on where you are in the country I suppose as far as avalability, lots of M37's in Arkansas. Within 50 square miles of me I know of at least 10 but then again I am fairly close to Ft. Chaffee and I am sure they sold a bunch out of here back in the day plus the ones that were aquired from forestry department and local volunteer fire departments. There is still one in service with a local VFD in my county, and they just retired their last one with the Greenwood Arkansas FD 2 years ago.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like it still has some good body parts on it. I would buy the whole thing- you might find that it runs better than anything you have.

combat32

Saw another on my way home today, I have been down this road a few times and just noticed her for the first time, may need to check on this one too;)

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
With that lived in school bus in the back ground, that might be FERROs

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks