• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Spotlight

ov1guy

I picked up this spotlight at a surplus spot near where I live, and I have a few questions about it. First, does anyone know what vehicles other than WWII ambulances this particular spot was used? Second, does anyone have a diagram (or some good pics) for the mounting post? I'm toying with the idea of mounting it on my Jeep, and am looking for some guidance for a usable fabrication since the chances of finding a post are pretty slim I imagine. Any other info on it would also be appreciated.

Thanks'
Webb

Attachments

ov1guy

If I have to fabricate, that's the basic consensius for support, but I'm also looking at swivel, and power issues. The silver pip in the center of the socket is the electrical connection, with side contact being a ground. This allows you to remove the spot when not needed by unscrewing the wingnut and pulling it off. You're right on the pipe I believe.

steelandcanvas

I didn't know the light got it's power internally. I was wondering where the power wire was. Hope someone has what you need, it would be a nice addition to any MV.

ov1guy

Well, the power isn't exactly internal. I think this cutaway picture (not to scale) may show the socket and how the post attaches a bit better than the others. I'm infering the design of the post and electrical connection from the socket portion. I think the post will have an indent that the attachment wingnut would go into securing the spotlight and completing the electrical circuit, yet allowing elevation movement by loosening slightly. Loosening more will allow the light to be removed (or fall off if you're not careful).

Attachments

kinetichotshot

Webb, your schematic there looks a little better than we typically end up with on bar napkins!!! You must have been really concentrating!!! Lol!
This is basically a "Bump" hoping someone with the appropriate knowledge will see it and help!
Laterz,
Gator
>|--|~

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks