• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another successful recovery

Crash_AF

Well, brought home my third 1009 this morning. Smooth recovery from Ft Carson, in and out in less than a half hour. This one is ultimately destined to be handed over to a friend, but I'm going to get it straightened out first.

Need a few pieces and parts, if anyone has a 1009 in or near Colorado they're parting or knows of one, drop me a line. I'm always looking for stuff.

And I'll try to get more pics this weekend. In the meantime, enjoy the pics of my big ugly 'burb. The 1009 is going to be repainted desert sand and the 'burb's roof needs to be sanded and primed this summer and hopefully will be full woodland before the end of summer.

Oh, and I'm VERY tempted to put a big black UN on the doors to mess with people until I can get it stripped and painted... rofl

IMG_1255.jpgIMG_1254.jpg

spectre6000

What parts are you needing? I'm going to be pulling a bunch of stuff off mine in the near term.

I saw that one come up for sale (and another as I recall) within 24 hours of working out the deal on mine... I had a GL feed going for months looking for one, and nothing ever came up until then...

Crash_AF

As soon as I get the actual list put together, I'll get you a copy. For now, I'm looking for:

Front seats in good condition
Left door panel
Rear window crank handle
Spare tire mount hardware
Air cleaner assembly
Straight bumpers and brush guard
Mirrors
Unbroken grille plastics
Unrusted tailgate
D-rings
M1031 rear body doors (Able body with PTO generator)
M1031 governor wiring harness and switch plate
And if anyone has any Gillespie sitting around near CO, I would be interested in taking it off your hands. 383 green and desert tan preferred.
If you have any of this stuff (or other CUCV stuff), drop me a line to my email (click my name to the left) since my PMs are nearing full again and I might miss someone.

BTW, that crappy paint on the 'burb is Aerovoe (or however you spell it) after 5 years. Used to be 383 green, has faded to a brownish khaki color. The driver's corner of the front bumper is a touch up with that stuff, the rest is CARC. It was mostly a test since that's what the local surplus store had on the shelf. Won't buy any more of that crap.

Thanks

Last edited:

spectre6000

Front seats in good condition
brush guard
Unbroken grille plastics
I currently have a set of suburban seats and matching center console in mine that will be leaving soon. Not sure if that's what you're looking for though.

My brush guard can come off any time. The piece at the very bottom is bent in a little, but the rest is clean and straight.

There's someone else looking for the grille plastics, but if they decide they don't want them, you're welcome to them. My only criticism on the plastics is that there is an incredible amount of paint on them; it doesn't seem to be hiding anything though.

I'll also have a set of blackout lights (and the switch panel), the NATO plug, a dash radio bracket, gun racks, and maybe the jerry can bracket coming out soon. Priorities require getting the mechanical stuff sorted out before I dig too deep into pulling the extraneous kit, but if you can wait a bit they'll be available.

Crash_AF

Well, my wish list just had a starter added to it. Seems this one is stone dead. Tried jumping it a couple of different ways, get power to the solenoid and not even a whimper or a groan from it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks