• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Supacat for Kroctec

kroctec

Yeah I know guys - I lost the plot. Actually the first Supacat was a great buy and so I could not resist the urge to buy a second one along with a bunch of spares. The 2nd one is a bit different as it has a front mounted winch with a rag top over the bed. I will need to close in the back of the cab for use up here in the north of Scotland.

Attachments

Supacat

Hi

it's along time since your initial post - just wondering if you still have this? it looks like it was the old one from Langdale Quest?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately, Dave has passed on.

I do not know the status of his MVs.

Supacat

Doghead - thanks for the info. I'm sorry to hear that, and hope I've not stirred up bad memories for anyone by posting here.

I've a MkIIA Supacat myself and just wanted to share with other users who seem very thin on the ground.

DSD277

Before his passing, I know Dave was trying to sell his 2 MK2s. Both w/ 1.6 engines. Someone in Florida was looking at them and had contacted me and asked about the cats. I never heard anything afterwards. I have the softtop framework from the cat in the pic above, but haven't done anything with it. Dave had bought a complete hardtop from Witham for that cat. I know shortly after, he found out he had lost a contract for which he had planned to use them. He had also a pair of Ifor Williams trailers he had heavy mods done to and installed Supacat tires and rims for offroad use.

I see you have a MK2A, someone had given me the impression that the 2As were only for the CF contract. The factory never did clarify the quantity since they were few and back in '96 and '97. But the factory doesn't know anything about the Supacat MK3 that was at the Pentagon on 9/11 doing support work during the rescue and aftermath. Only a picture of it there is in the SC brochure.

Supacat

Hi

Thanks for adding more info.

Not sure I know what you are referring to by "CF Contract"? As far as I'm aware all the MkIIAs came about as a result of an UOR (Urgent Operational Requirement) whereby a number (50?) of previously released MkIIs were re-aquired, substantially upgraded and shipped to the Gulf. Then never used and returned to the UK to be cast.

Are you sure it was a MKIII at the Pentagon? I have a number of photos of it on the day and understood it just happened to be over in the States for evalutation. I might have more info on my files if you are interested?

DSD277

CF-Dart are the Canadian Forces-Disaster Response Team purchase contract. They were not reburished, as the chain tensioning system is completely different from the MK2. I also have the factory build sheet on them, which has engine #, trans #, start and completion dates. Oddy enougn, the cat I have for sale was started the day before my other, and complete the day after it. The MK2As that were made for CF are all identical, and seems some were still being made after the MK3 production started.
There is no mistaking a MK3 from any of the earlier cats. I don't know of any exterior visual way to tell a MK2 from a MK2A except to look at the engine and tensioners. I've seen many pics of MK2s with ROPS that look like a MK3. MK3 has a taller ramp area from the side and has doors, whereas the MK2/2A has a shorter in height bay and the ramps are held by a pin at the rear

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks