• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another tire Question

ktm380

The question is I found A guy that said he has 8 complete wheels (all hold air), 4 are fairly new, $100 each. I have not seen them myself and I just met him today. Problem is they are about 50 miles from me, and whants to bring them to me. Is this a fair price for just the wheels even if the tires are bad?

M1075

$100 each??

My experience has shown that the value in the wheels/tires is in the location. Buying standard duece wheels/tires is like buying rocks. Most of the cost is in the shipping/handling and the mounting/dismounting.

Personally, I would never consider paying $100 each for deuce rims (unless it had a brand new tire, mounted). But, if the price is right for you, then go for it!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And with the tire mounted, you don't know the condition of the tube and flap.
You should be able to find good tires for $50-75 ea.
Do you need the wheels?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of wheels and tires, just changed a front tire on the tractor. I've been in the process of filling in my pond with broken concrete. Now it has a couple of feet of water on top. Needed to drive out into it to pull a tree down and guess I got a piece of rebar. Oh well, glad they were wore out tires. Lucky for me, I've got 2 tires like new already mounted so it was just a short delay.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I couldn't see paying more than $75. I can get 90% rubber 9:00-20's in houston for $49.

ktm380

I found a local shop that had one used tire (had cuts in it but about 90%) for $65, tube $20, flap $18, mounting $35. But I needed it, I did'nt think I had a choice. All of my tires have dry rot and look like they mey blow at any time. So I'm looking for all the local tires I can.
This guy has not called me back any way.

rdixiemiller

Your problem is your location. Colorado is beautiful, but can be remote. Tires around Ga. and the carolinas are inexpensive, Texas as well.
Since tires are expensive in your area, why don't you flip the rear hubs and single out? At least you need 4 tires less that way.
Your truck will also ride better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks