• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

another volt meter prob

beanman1

is the volt meter supposed to be always on i dont think it does even when i pull the relay out it is still on dont know what it is but before i had to replace the realy to it to get it to work but that was 6 months ago cant figure out whats wrong

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The voltmeter should only come on when the key is on. The 12v from the ignition switch energizes the 24v voltmeter relay under the dash.

beanman1

I know that warthog the problem is the volt gauge stays on with the key off and the realy out it just started doing this when i insatlled an oil pressure gauge and arced the gauge on the dash is there some kind of diode in the gauge that blew or maybe i am looking at this all wrong because i am having a real bad time seeing right now because i had to have eye surgery the sun kills when i go out side i am going to go out tonight when it gets a lilttel dark and verifiy this agian just to be sure but i wil keep you updated

beanman1

well i know i said i was going to wait till dark to see what it was but i coulndt wait i went out side and figured it out the oil pressure gauge light was causing the gauge to stay on beacuse the relay switches the ground and the ground for the light grounded out the metal plate that the gauge is attactched to so i just did away with the whole oil pressure gauge light o man i feel real dumb now but hey i fixed it