• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another way to filter WMO Idea!!!

Hooty481

What about taking the filtering system from a parts deauce and useing for the filter setup. They should be readily available. The filters are a 10->6->6 micron rating. all that would be needed would be a pump and a tank. The deuce fuel tank and pump should be easy access as well. Just my 2 cents. I will begin construction he shortly after I leave work and report back with the results!

Open to criticism and bad jokes no good ideas please.

Jimma

Its funny that you suggest that because that is exactly what I was thinking about yesterday. With so many people having either parts trucks or removing things to replace filters with spin ons. There are canisters going to waste.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
This was what I did for my first filtering setup, only I used a pneumatic barrell pump instead of the stock in-tank pump. The filters work well, but I bet using that pump will be SLOW. It is not a high pressure pump, and when the filters plug, it will block flow. You might even burn up the pump.

kipman

My first set up was with the deuce filter cans, used a hydraulic pump, worked OK, but have switched to using a air powered pump, like it mo better.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
With as much as an in-tank pump costs, I would not chance ruining one that works. Put it in the spare parts drawer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks