• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another WC63 found...

Gypsyman

I'll be making another run back to the same seller here in a couple of weeks. The black PW cab in the back is sitting on a 6x6 WC chassis. I have two concerns on this one.

1) The cab s/n plate is missing but the chassis s/n is clearly visible. No idea if I would ever be able to get a bonded title for it in Washington.

2) The rear of the frame is showing some rust delamination where it is doubled and there are a lot of remnants of old welded additions that would need to be removed and cleaned up. I'm sure that the frame doubler could be pulled, cleaned, straightened, and reinstalled but is it worth the time/labor to save the chassis?

Attachments

Rolls Canardly

My MIL is retired and moving from her property. In her back field there are numerous large trucks and wrecked vehicles. She called and said that I should come look around before the new owners take possession. A few years ago some kids snuck onto the property and smashed the glass out of every window on every vehicle but I figured it would be worth a look anyway. Lo and behold I found a rough WC63 tucked back into the trees. Obviously a lot of original parts are missing (windshield frame, seats, etc.) or have been replaced (winch, front bumper, front wheels, etc.) but it might still be worth saving. I don't need another project around here but I hate the thought of the new property owners calling the scrapper and seeing another piece of WWII history vanish.
The pictures are great!
And the phrase "so ugly it's beautiful" applies here.
SOMEBODY near you should come and save this. The tailgate is straight? Unbelievable.
It looks like you could start that engine without too much trouble.
Good on you - for getting it before they shredded it for scrap metal.

I have two extra M-37 windshields, but I fear they are too narrow, as is; but, all else fails,
a good welder could Maybe get your correct length, and use my second frame to "Make" one from these two?
I'd go out and take a picture, but we just got 16" of snow last night.

Gypsyman

The WC63 along with a WC59 are both at my house. Unfortunately both are missing the windshield assemblies. Without those both are dead in the water but, the hunt continues. =)

715m29

I have a wc52 I’m working on in Pendleton Oregon, My progress is slow as of now. Depending on how fast your going to be working on your project I might have some extra parts in the next few years. I have 3 parts trucks in my diveway but with kids, work and a house progress is slow. Spokane is not that far away so who know maybe somting can work out in the future.
As of right now I am down to a bare frame and I need to sand blast it to get to the next step.. I hope to get that done this spring.

wdxdave

My MIL is retired and moving from her property. In her back field there are numerous large trucks and wrecked vehicles. She called and said that I should come look around before the new owners take possession. A few years ago some kids snuck onto the property and smashed the glass out of every window on every vehicle but I figured it would be worth a look anyway. Lo and behold I found a rough WC63 tucked back into the trees. Obviously a lot of original parts are missing (windshield frame, seats, etc.) or have been replaced (winch, front bumper, front wheels, etc.) but it might still be worth saving. I don't need another project around here but I hate the thought of the new property owners calling the scrapper and seeing another piece of WWII history vanish.
is this in spokane wa

DUUANE

Thats beautiful. I'm about an hour north of you. I have it's dirty/evil twin in my yard. If you decide to let it go send me a pm. I'm sure we can work something out..just dont tell my wife.:sneaky:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks