• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another wheel cover thread

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed these yesterday. They fit the steelies but not the aluminum Hutchinsons. Could drill a pattern to match I suppose, though there would only be maybe 3 threads of stand-off engagement at the wheel.

Attachments

Last edited:

coachgeo

thanks for posting. read up on 4wheel drive sites about "rock rings" . These are similar in design. some love em.... some hate em. IMHO think its your typical topography that dictates that as well as who is trailer queens and who drive home. Lot of water/mud and they cake up with mud.... hence why some are like this set.... and sides are open.....but still happens. Others it is rocks get jammed in them... other complaints are thick twigs... while they get in less often.....the one's that do, make more damage as they roll into the grove. Driving home issue is likely from wheels being off balance from stuff jammed into the ring.

sooooo??? guess it is personal preference. Id like some..... maybe add a way to bolt on an old tire sidewall to it........ mining trucks do similar..... the extra side wall protects real sidewalls from rock cuts. Id worry about over heating real sidewalls though on hwy.. so make them removable??

below is examples. they are usually plastic... my idea was to just make it out of old tire(s)

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those protectors came with the rims and tires or did you source separately? Do you have part numbers/nsn/ or any info on them?

They look like m939 5 ton rims but have never seen those previously?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im having the chains put on my Rally jeep tires today for october TN RALLY reifenschutzketten_montage.jpg

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those protectors came with the rims and tires or did you source separately? Do you have part numbers/nsn/ or any info on them?

They look like m939 5 ton rims but have never seen those previously?
I do not know what vehicle the wheel/tire,guards are for, but they fit my LMTV bolt pattern and hub size. You can freeze frame in the video to read off the numbers. I purchased them as an assembly. That is how I will do it in the future: NO MORE BUSTING DOWN BIG TIRES FOR ME !

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks for posting. read up on 4wheel drive sites about "rock rings" . These are similar in design. some love em.... some hate em. IMHO think its your typical topography that dictates that as well as who is trailer queens and who drive home. Lot of water/mud and they cake up with mud.... hence why some are like this set.... and sides are open.....but still happens. Others it is rocks get jammed in them... other complaints are thick twigs... while they get in less often.....the one's that do, make more damage as they roll into the grove. Driving home issue is likely from wheels being off balance from stuff jammed into the ring.

sooooo??? guess it is personal preference. Id like some..... maybe add a way to bolt on an old tire sidewall to it........ mining trucks do similar..... the extra side wall protects real sidewalls from rock cuts. Id worry about over heating real sidewalls though on hwy.. so make them removable??

below is examples. they are usually plastic... my idea was to just make it out of old tire(s)

Kryponite, huh? :)

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
19207-12503745, part number 12503745

Cage Code : 1MFR62161
Here is the info:

Used on the xm1117. Ironically made 30 miles from me....
I did not realize the rim bolt pattern on those was compatible with fmtv or m939.

Also interesting to see the 1400's as that is why I thought they were m939. I was under the impression that 1400's were no longer made by Goodyear or Michelin. Looks like Mich must still produce them for this series.

coachgeo

19207-12503745, part number 12503745

Cage Code : 1MFR62161
Here is the info:

Used on the xm1117. Ironically made 30 miles from me....
I did not realize the rim bolt pattern on those was compatible with fmtv or m939.

Also interesting to see the 1400's as that is why I thought they were m939. I was under the impression that 1400's were no longer made by Goodyear or Michelin. Looks like Mich must still produce them for this series.
My understanding is 14:00s are just being made less (made less available in US? ) cause US military no longer specs them for any vehicles. Some European still does.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks