• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another winch mount option

Kaiserjeeps

I put a warn 12K winch and mount on a neighbors Dodge today. Before I installed it I parked the winch carrier in front of my CUCV for a look.
It fit great. It has enough spread to weld on two square tube sleeves for the shackle mounts with some minor metal work. Then can be tied in to the upper grille guard bolts for a little more support. Or bolted to a spreader piece welded in across the upright mounts on the brush guard. The part number is #62027 and is roughly 225.00 bucks. It looks super simple to make it work.

Here are some pictures. Hopefully photobucket will display the pics correctly. I just posted on another site and it worked fine. That happed last time my pics failed to show here. Anyway...

Hardly any impact on the overhang. Does not block the radiator as the 12K winch lays in the tray. It's feasible.

The 15K winch fits this same mount. I tried to twist my neighbors arm to let me have it. Be he goes in the ditch too much and insisted he needed it. :mrgreen:

Edit: photobucket works fine for me on other sites. It is what it is...

Ilikemtb999

Apparently my reply got deleted. Interesting idea but I still think it hurts approach too much. I prefer behind the bumper between the rails.

Kaiserjeeps

Looks like you have some more free time on your hands for other projects now that your signature is a bit shorter :)
Ha ha, Yes Eli. Thank you for taking the torch on my deuce. We still notice the vacant spot. I hope it is everything you had hoped for.

And the winch behind the bumper would be great. But is there room for a 12K winch back there? And as long as the controls were reachable in the unlikely event your bumper was in the mud, it would probably work. I never plan on wheeling my CUCV that hard. I have a built CJ-5 for that. And like my deuce it also has been sitting to much. But that will change this summer. I have also had the CJ for 32 years. I'll probably be buried in it. :)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Good deal! That would look SHARP hanging off the front with a nice big winch.

Sorry to hear the deuce had to go, did the custom suspension seats go with it?

pitpawten

Good deal! That would look SHARP hanging off the front with a nice big winch.

Sorry to hear the deuce had to go, did the custom suspension seats go with it?
Yeah, the seats he made are here giving a nice soft ride now on the other side of the country. I'm spoiled I know because my first Deuce experience is with this nice ride :)

Kaiserjeeps

Yeah, the seats he made are here giving a nice soft ride now on the other side of the country. I'm spoiled I know because my first Deuce experience is with this nice ride :)
It had to go Chris. I was not driving it. It is to big for the roads up here. I could not even turn around on these skinny roads without driving for miles. Firewood collection will be done in the CUCV with my new M101a2 trailer. I won't mention the two official visits I got checking to see if I was a militia type. Not cool. And NO I am not. One should not expect to move to Northern Idaho with military trucks and not draw unwanted attention. It was best it went to a good guy like Eli so he could continue to fix it up and enjoy it.
Eli, take a peek under the drivers seat. I was going to market them. I purchased the bulk items to mass produce them, But stuff happened and here I am. No plans for making them now.

I was looking at the winch set up. I am not sure how a guy could fit a 12K winch behind the bumper. But you never know... I talked to my neighbor on where he purchased his. 4wheel parts it was. When my 4l80E and my dual exhaust is in, I'll do the winch.
Gotta have a winch up here. Or is it wench?:razz:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks