• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Wrecker question

Jimmy

I got a set of field chocks for my wrecker and was going to fab up the mounts to put them on top of the boom. Does anybody have a good picture of the mounting brackets? I have see them facing front and some facing back. What is the proper direction?

I can see them on this picture but it doesn't look right to me.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am sure someone with military experience will chime in, but I would bet that there is no correct direction for the field spades. To the best of my knowledge, this was a field modification (at least they were not on my M936A2). As such, I would bet these mods are subject to individual interpretation. Good luck.

nickd

I have seen the spades mounted on the boom at Murrays and if I remember correctly they were side by side with the dirt ends in opposite directions on top of the boom.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have mine on the top of the boom facing the rear. bolt holes line up that way. but... i have seen one pic that is super neat. holding loops or such with the spades under the bed. one each side of the winch. i think you would pull a pin or something and slide them out the rear. the only thing that is seen is the big end that sticks out some in the rear. i have never pulled the spads down. but i will have to soon to paint them, rusted kinda bad. Tim

5tonpuller

From what I understand it was a individual interpretation of the field modification. There was to much stuff on the bed and some where getting broke when the boom was turned. Thats what I was told by the guys in the shop.