• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Answer needed m35A2 dataplate smudge

3dAngus

Can someone look at their M35A2 without winch dataplate and look at the
bottom center block labeled, "Shipping curbage".

I am having some new dataplates made up. The data in that block is smeared out and faded.

Can someone read it for me. They are all different on the various M35s so be sure it says M35A2 without winch please. Even better if it is a Kaiser Jeep, but I'll take any and all info provided from the different vehicle makers. Thanks in advance. My dataplate maker is working this now and waiting for an answer, so if anyone can get it to me tonight I sure would appreciate it.

If this works out, he should be able to provide data plates for all but without holes and rounded corners. I'll keep in touch and give a progress report and offer an opinion on quality and service. Hope it works out for all.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd guess that info is used for shipping/transportation logistics.

If your using this on a "bobbed" truck, it needs to be adjusted, to be correct.

cubage, nor curbage, as in cubic feet.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
................... They are all different on the various M35s so be sure it says M35A2 without winch please. Even better if it is a Kaiser Jeep, but I'll take any and all info provided from the different vehicle makers.....
They sure are.... specs do vary a lot. But... they all say "cubage", not "curbage"....! :p

The only non-winch truck I have is a M35 WO/WN, '60 Curtiss-Wright Corp. = 1164 CU. FT.

G.

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If this works out, he should be able to provide data plates for all but without holes and rounded corners. I'll keep in touch and give a progress report and offer an opinion on quality and service. Hope it works out for all.
Would like to check them out in two weeks... at the Rally!!:)

G.

3dAngus

Looking forward to it. But for now....

OOPS! I missed another point he brought up. In the bottom left, it looks like

"Loaded CG Based on load of uniform
Density completely filling body ????"

He doesn't know what goes in there due to the smears, distortions. Can anyone help.
Heck, I think I'll just post his picture of what he has started in case any of you sharp eyed guys can see any other issues.

Attachments

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He doesn't know what goes in there due to the smears, distortions. Can anyone help.
Checked that picture:
LOADED CG ...................BODY : its all OK, just as he put it. (no ????, of course...)

Only thing I could find: where it says 8A 93; it should say RA 93

G.

Edit: another detail... see attachment. Option 1 is what you will normally find.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks