• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antenna/Brushguard mounting bolts

dc_cucv

I ordered my antenna mount and it arrived today.

When I went to loosen the mounting bolts currently on the truck, they keep spinning like nuts behind them are free.

There is no access to to the nuts from the inside, nor from the outside as far as i can see.

Please tell me it doesn't require removing any entire rear panel to access those nuts :(

cucvrus

The tool to put riv-nuts in place is a very simple tool. I am talking the manual type. I had the power type at one time but we quit drilling and installing mirrors and brackets because of corrosion issues. All the chassis we receive now have factory mounted mirrors. I have one similar to this and have put hundreds of 1/4", M6, M8, 5/16" riv-nuts in place. The key is slowly and don't over crush the riv-nut. I do use a cordless impact and slowly tighten the bolt. An all threaded bolt is what you need. 1664274334962.png Good Luck.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm guessing you are referring to the M1009 in your signature?
If they are the mounts near the doors, you can actually reach up inside the panel from below and get a vice-grip on the back of the riv-nut to hold it while you get the bolt out. It's not real easy, and can induce frustration and language not suitable for the presence of ladies or the meek of heart, but it can be done.

If you're like me, use a mirror to check in there for spiders first!

Cheers

ssdvc

On the old M1009 I had, all the rivnuts were loose (antenna and mirror). I just paid a shop $20 to tack weld the nuts in place and then I painted them again and sealed them with clear silicon. Worked for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks