• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antenna identafcation "unknown"

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Radio's would be tube type if WWII & Korean era. Hard to keep finding parts for those old boatanchors. There are groups of collectors of the tube radios on Yahoo Groups (and other places). Biggest problem using them is that the spectrum allocations have changed and those radios are restricted in what can legally be transmitted with them. Radio technology has advanced and they have not changed - even the Vietnam era stuff is obsolete since the advent of frequency shifting and burst transmission. Old antennas are pricey because there's not many left in original condition.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks like the MS-49 through MS-54 series of elements that stack together (with multiple MS-53's). Both Fair Radio and Columbia Electronics show them in their catalogs.

I can't help with ID'ing the radio they were used with but know they were quite common (Korean and earlier). I had some but someone wanted them more than I did.

Bob WB4ETT

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
natem - I see you have an M38 circa 1951, this jeep used radios that utilize this antenna set. MWM has reproduction MP48 bases for $210. It's a lot, but they are primo.