• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

antenna mounting bracket hardware

ryan77

Im looking for the nuts that expand like a rivet that were used to mount the antenna mount and guard on the cucv, i know there the same ones used to mount bins in cargo vans etc. Ive been searching everywhere for them...

topgun217

Dito here ! I went to napa, Fastenall, Lowes, and a body shop. They are called "rivnuts" or "nutcerts" ! I searched the forums and people on here have purchased them. Fastenall will order them, however 'I'm not inclined to purchase 1,000 of them.

Nut, Rivet, Pk25 - Rivet Nuts - Thread Insert - Fasteners : Grainger Industrial Supply "Mistaken1" posted this link on 3=19=10 and this is what I plan on using. I have A friend who ownes the big rivit tool to use. I purchased a few "jack nuts" but they were no good.

Go to this: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/45304-cucv-antenna-mount-backing-plate.html#post563125

Crash_AF

I bought some from a place here local called "The Clip House" when I mounted a console in my old '79 Bronco several years back. They even sold the tool to hold them while you collapsed them into the panel.

Call around your area to places that install truck equipment and do restorations. If all else fails, do a Google search for The Clip House in Colorado Springs and ask if they have any nutserts in stock. Make sure you have the thread pitch you want to use handy to tell them along with the diameter of the mounting hole you are going to use so you get the right size.

Later,
Joe