• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

antenna sections

circleburner12

found a ab-15 base and the correct antenna sections, and when i try to screw the antenna sections togather, they will not completely screw all the way. seems like they bottom out and show about 1/2 inch or so of copper.

is this normal or is something going on. thxs for any info

M813A1

The AB-15 Antenna base with the MS-118, MS-117, and MS-116 antenna sections as long as the total length including the base is a overall lenght of 106" to 110" should be Good enough to give you Good performance with your radio !! If you need to trimm the antenna carefull cut the very top tip . Make sure you use the rubber the base and make sure you have a Good Ground and you sure be ready to go . Good Luck

circleburner12

m wondering is it normal for the antenna sections, not to screw all the way in?. my antenna sections when screwed as far as they will go, shows about 1/2 inch of the copper. thxs

135gmc

It's normal for them not to screw 100% together. Try cleaning the threads with some Scotchbrite and solvent - a little crud on the threads can make a big difference.

rlwm211

I would coat the threaded end with silicone grease if you are leaving the antenna up for a long time. This will prevent corrosion inside the female threaded portion as well as the end that inserts inside the lower section.

I had my AB-15 up for 4 months and had no issues. I also extended mine with additional m-117 sections to about 15 feet for a better match for 40 meters and up.

RL

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks