• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antenna

FLYWHEEL

When I bought my truck it had this anttena on it, can anyone identify it as it seems a bit strange that it has a light bulb in the end of it

So is it a real anttena or is it something that has been put together, thanks in advance. Mark

DSC_0001.jpgDSC_0003.jpgDSC_0004.jpg

Last edited:

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like an AS-3900 with a serious hair cut. The heatshrink below the 'bulb' does not look original. The base might still have a tag on it, up under the bottom. Is there a BNC connector or has the base been modified too?

FLYWHEEL

Thanks for the replies, l can not find any identifying markings on it and the heatshrink does look a bit suspect, It does have a wire with a BNC connector fitted to the base that enters through the side of the cab
i like the idea of a turn indicator warning though. I will have to see if I can trace where the wire from the anttena base goes to after it passes into the cab.
Thanks again . Mark

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Is the question the antenna or the base? Looking at the photo, there is a tag on the side of the base that should have a NSN and/or nomenclature.

Next, take a picture of the underside of the base and post that photo (note: the base is the thingy with the spring on it). If there are two connectors and a small rotating switch, it is probably an MX6707. If it has only one connection point and no rotating switch, then it is probably a AS3900 (or 3900a). If it is something else, we can probably figure it out from the photo.

The base is the key to the answer. With that we can determine the antenna.

FLYWHEEL

Is the question the antenna or the base? Looking at the photo, there is a tag on the side of the base that should have a NSN and/or nomenclature.

Next, take a picture of the underside of the base and post that photo (note: the base is the thingy with the spring on it). If there are two connectors and a small rotating switch, it is probably an MX6707. If it has only one connection point and no rotating switch, then it is probably a AS3900 (or 3900a). If it is something else, we can probably figure it out from the photo.

The base is the key to the answer. With that we can determine the antenna.
Hi Carnac, sorry about the confusion, it is the anttena that I wanted to identify, the base as you said is an MX6707DSC_0057.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks