• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anti Tank M1008s....no joke...

McCluskey

We've had TOW launchers on HMMWVs some we first got them. Not too surprising they were only other vehicles. Anyone remember the 120mm AT guns on Jeeps back in Korea?

LanceRobson

I'm guessing that make more sense than the grossly overloaded TOW M151s we used to break springs and shackles on every time they hit a few big bumps. they were so top heavy that they'd flop over in a light breeze.

It looks like they will have a Chinese fire drill for crew drill when it comes to reloading. The reloads are in that box under the diamond plate and it is in the lethal zone of the blast area for the whole frontal arc. It also looks to have very limited traverse to the right side and that gunner's seat sure doesn't look like they expect to use it often.

I wonder if the intent is to always fight dismounted?

Lance

OL AG '89

Interesting to say the least. I was thinking I could do something similiar to the M1009.
Cut the crew hole in roof and have storage in cargo area .......
O.K. next question Geography for 300.
What Country is this from?

Whitey

Heck we used to carry the same system on a mule!
Interesting picture. I would have thought the mounting point for the TOW would have been the same as the recoiless rifle at the circular cut-out in the center of the bed. I'll post some .50 Cal mount pics in the future.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks