• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anti-theft Measure

ssdvc

Breaking into anything is easy these days. And I know everyone has a key to these trucks. I can't stop the actual break in, but I can prevent the perp from driving away with my truck.

I have an 1970 Mustang Convertible (for sale, if anyone is interested) and I have a remote controlled electrical solenoid that is very hidden and shuts of the fuel flow when activated. If I leave it parked in a big show, I also take other measures, but the fuel being isolated is a good one.

I was wondering if you can do the same for the 1009.

Also, how hard is it to find a matching set of keyed locks (glove, doors and ignition) for this truck and how hard is it to change out the ignition lock?

Thanks

M1008driver

Any competent lock smith can do it with ease and it is not that expensive. Mine has the added benefit of a chain welded to the floor, the Army anti-theft system. I wll be having my ignition and locks changed soon.

OL AG '89

I spent the money and put an alarm on mine with an ignition kill. If, WHEN they get in they will first deal with the chain on the steering wheel, if they breach that they will dealing with no key, no crank. I don't want some slimeballl cranking the starter into oblivion trying to start it. I feel this is decent deterent, because there will be easier picks and they will leave on the shoes that got them there. I tell my sons to ALWAYS, ALWAYS use the chain. a thief wants what he wants, right then, doesn't want to call any undue attention.
Oh yea it also has a 120dB horn under hood and another 120dB "squealer" in the cab. So people will be staring at the vehicle, even if they want to ignore it!!!

Jones

Multiple deterrants are the way to go. Batt switch, fuel cut-off and chaining the steering wheel are good places to start. You can't keep thieves from trying but you can make it hard enough for them to move on to easier pickins'.
Problem nowadays is that the little bastages will vandalize what they can't steal.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A friend of mine in CA. kept having trouble with damage and theft from his transfer dump, he started letting his DOG sleep under or sometimes in it, didn't take long, a bite or two, NO MORE PROBLEMS, he said that even if he left his wallet in the truck, it would be there in the morning. the dog thought the truck belonged to her, she road all day with the owner

Last edited:

edpdx

I am going to add a simple alarm that sounds when it senses a current drop- as when someone tries the handle.

Because I leave my truck in the sticks while I am out hunting, I usually add a battery ON/OFF knob to kill all power and keep from ending up with a dead battery in case of my negligence or a short that creeps in.

Someone can easily break into the cab; but the alarm will tell me I need to get back and investigate.

cornrichard

Have graphics printed up that say something to the effect the the truck contains live poisonous snakes. Also print a small label for each door handle warning the public and law enforcement that the truck contains snakes. You could call this the Snakes on a Truck security system!

ssdvc

I like the interior 120db horn. No one will last long with that thing going off!!!!!!!!!!!

Snakes on board sounds good too !

I will read through the "Vehicle Security" thread in the FAQ section.

Thanks All !!!!!!!![thumbzup]

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of good ideas here but I've always wondered what can be done to prevent a tow truck from snatch-n-run type theft? Like, how may times have we all heard a neighbors car alarm going off and we pay no attention?

Case in point; my C-20 was towed away as it was parked in front of my garage, right under an open window of a condo I used to rent. I was blown away that I didn't even hear the tow truck's backup alarm--- it was that quick!