• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anti-Theft System Suggestions?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dog, in cab.

I don't have anything in my 109 yet but the chain. I used to lock the pass door, then the driver door, and leave the latch up on the front window, so I had to jump up on the hood, pry open the window, then unlock the doors. Hassle, but it kept everyone out. I also used to unplug the start switch.

fulleraviation

Here is a simple and easy method to help keep people from accidently starting your truck. Obviously using many of the methods in the listed threads is the best idea. This is my first stride toward safety and security.

I cut a tube lenghtwise where it just fits over the fuel cutoff. Turned the proper way it hides well. Now it only needs a coat of paint.

Attachments

Mark2X2

One thought I had is a bracket to lock the shift lever to the dash, in reverse. Along with a hidden toggle switch on starter button circuit, the standard chain around the steering wheel. And the old stand by chain links welded to the door and the cab for a paddle lock. If you can keep them out of the cab, you have a good start. You can by four packs of locks keyed alike. Like was mentioned a earlier a determined thief can get into anything, but this should aggravate them a little.
Mark

M35A2
M105A2
M101A1
3) Rokons

Mark2X2

Here is a simple and easy method to help keep people from accidently starting your truck. Obviously using many of the methods in the listed threads is the best idea. This is my first stride toward safety and security.

I cut a tube lenghtwise where it just fits over the fuel cutoff. Turned the proper way it hides well. Now it only needs a coat of paint.

Fuller,
Maybe make you tube so you could secure a paddle lock around it, and lock it in place.
Mark

panzerjunky

I have a small switch like a kill switch hidden on my truck if it is not turned off when the aux switch is turned on the claymore wired under my seat goes off.

Just Kiddin but it would be fun:twisted::twisted::twisted:

panzerjunky

I have a small switch like a kill switch hidden on my truck if it is not turned off when the aux switch is turned on the claymore wired under my seat goes off.

Just Kiddin but it would be fun:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Jinx

OD_Coyote showed me a great way to disable the truck. I'm going to use a quick disconnect on the battery and padlock the battery box closed. Someone could still push start it but at least it would stop kids from accidentally starting the truck.

One of these would make a great battery disconnect:

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks