• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antifreeze Coolant - which to use?

jtcawrse

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Steel Soldiers,

I have a question regarding antifreeze. The parts spreadsheet says “Cooling system total: 43.8 quarts antifreeze (HD diesel truck that meets A-A-52624)”

I went to my friendly neighborhood Napa and looked and did not find any coolant that had the A-A-52624 designation on it.

Furthermore, I can see that my coolant is green and all the HD coolants we’re not green.

I’m just topping off my system. What coolant do I use?
If I was flushing the system and starting over, which coolant would I use?

Thanks in advance for your sage advice/opinions.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hello Steel Soldiers,

I have a question regarding antifreeze. The parts spreadsheet says “Cooling system total: 43.8 quarts antifreeze (HD diesel truck that meets A-A-52624)”

I went to my friendly neighborhood Napa and looked and did not find any coolant that had the A-A-52624 designation on it.

Furthermore, I can see that my coolant is green and all the HD coolants we’re not green.

I’m just topping off my system. What coolant do I use?
If I was flushing the system and starting over, which coolant would I use?

Thanks in advance for your sage advice/opinions.
Green. Low glycol. Green. Oreillys has it. Buy the concentrated kind and use distilled water for your 50/50