• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

antifreeze in oil

derby

RE: Coolant Leak

Also the head nuts under the rocker rail are finger tight! Why do you think they did not put in the stud ? Also I did not see any freeze plugs.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Woops, heads gotta come off! Look down the push tube cavity, the nut, washer and what's left of the stud will most likely be there. How long did it run likr that?

derby

I only ran it a total of 10 min. divided in multiple runs ,2 min here 3 min.there.I looked down the stud bore and can see clear down to the ,I think water jacket. It is not broken just missing.I am suprised it ran at all.That would explain why it was so darn hard to start.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Where did you get it? Maybe it's one of those engines that had a problem, was disassembled, found it unfeasible to repair, and just slammed together then swapped with a depot rebuild? How was the oil pressure?

derby

It was in the truck when I bought it.It had about 45-50 psi oil pressure.It looks to have new gaskets. I was wondering if they over hauled it ,some one forgot to tighten the bolts and they had the coolant problem and gave up. We will see.

derby

Pulled the rear head today. I found a crack between the exhaust valve and injector port and on past the port. I wonder if this truck was over heated? It was in #5 hole.I think this was the original problem,but why did they take the time to put it back together? looks like it might be a parts engine after all. also the oil pressure was about 30# not the 45-50 I had thought earlier.

derby

Well,here is the scoop.Along with the cracked head I found the same hole"#5" had a crack in the piston.I yanked the engine last night and put in a "spare".Problem solved.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks