• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any 818 buyers from Hooks today?

StreetbikeDepot

Just noticed that the recovery rings have been removed and hung on the grill.......it must have been towed to its current position.

Anything I need to look for when I go to pick it up, I'm planning on driving it back. Never owned an 818, so any info would be greatly appreciated.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Missing shackles dont mean anything other than you dont have them. A whole host of reason as to why they are there are very possible.

KsM715

I'd like to know what some of them went for? I really want one but worried about getting it from texas to kansas if it didnt run.

Stan

What I saw was $980.00 to $3000.00. Some were multifuel, some cummins. The descriptions would have both engines in the same truck.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
All 809 series are (should be-assuming some motor pool Sgt. didn't have too much time on his hands) the 250 Cummins. M39 series trucks are gassers, Mack diesels (rare) or multifuels.

Driver's side air cleaner = Cummins
Passenger side air cleaner = Multi

ida34

He is talking about generally since some people think they both look pretty similar. I would add that the air cleaner on the passenger's side means multifuel or Mack. It also means a M39 series truck. The cleaner on the driver's side means an 800 series and a cummins 250.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was there auction day

I was at Hooks Thursday picking up a Lube Trailer I bid on by mistake, still apretty nice machine, has all its tools included I think. The trucks are stored over at the Arsenal with a bunch of armored 5 tons in all kinds of shape! Anyway I looked at all of the trucks up for sale, I bid on three only got one,hard to bid form a McDonalds with WiFi, no network security at all, but free! Most of the trucks were in good shape all I saw were complete, some flat tires, one of the nicest tan ones had a Dead Line Metal tag on the seat. The one that went for $3900 had a couple of brand new batteries on the seat and the only cab heater I saw. They all had dead batteries so none could be started. I found a good guy dow n at Hooks who can pick up and store winnings from Hooks if you need something picke up let me know and can forward his number. I don't know if he can pickup a tractor.
James G.

PS: The arsenal is pretty easy to enter buy the trucks are a couple of miles from the gate in the middle of noware so take evrything you will need to pickup you truck, help will be non-exsistant.

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow three M818's from Texas to Nebraska will be a good ride. I drove the one I bought from Tim last March 1,200 miles with the only problem being the alternator is not working and we had to drive round the clock so a night stop at a truck stop to charge the batteries was required. Other than that it ran like a top and I can not wait to get home and start restoring it I am quite sure it is going to be tan. Three trips to Iraq an one to Afghanistan I have to have at least one tan truck.

KsM715

Hey Reb87, where in Ne are you? want to sell one of those 818's when you pass thru Ks on your way home? PM me if you might be interested. I really want a 5 ton tractor but dont know if Ill see any close enough to me to think about bidding on one.