• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any body Buy a FLU419 from DOYLE and find additional damage and tools missing

govsurplus

Picked up my Flue from Doyle and Took photographs but could not talk to management nobody was there but a pimple forklift driver. Who told me they had moved it with a small forklift. I had been told earlier that if I wanted it on a flatbed with no winch the local towing could lift it for $500 decided to call around and found a local farmer that had a beavertail with a winch less than five minutes from home, You know GovPlanet covers there ass with 200 plus pictures of just about every part and piece of equipment heaven forbid you photograph the damage that they did shiny metal and all even the bent metal parts. Yes, all they can do is deny most of it hard to tell from my angle the second set of pictures is considerably better if asked a blind man if he can tell. Missing tools if they don't mention on the inspection sheet it's a blanket they are not there. Two people can see them they are still not there. I supplied a picture of other see with tools there that are not listed so if they vanish they also are not there. I have talked to Sheryl at Govplanet can't tell if she works from home anybody can tell me who to contact that listens and will discuss my problem without telling me to buy from a different location? Not a whinner just don't like getting the runaround THANKS

govsurplus

Try buying damaged parts the cheapest way is to buy another unless somebody can sell me a battery box and mounts fuel tank mounts along with the steps on both sides, The exhaust from the manifold including the muffler and mounts. the drill and rock breaker the jack and tools whoever removed them left the lug wrench the plastic tool holder but not the tools. Sheryl from Govplanet was supposed to contact the depot over a week and total silence. Yes, I would love to eat the $750 my labor gift to them. They send you a complete Govplanet Iron Planet and how to get out of it it covers nothing that's why they cover 99% of all the junk we buy.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't had problems with Doyle, but I had forklift damage on equipment I purchased in Barstow. juanprado has a good idea, I know California has what they call a Lemon law that covers used cars and other vehicles. Worth looking into.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't had problems with Doyle, but I had forklift damage on equipment I purchased in Barstow. juanprado has a good idea, I know California has what they call a Lemon law that covers used cars and other vehicles. Worth looking into.
Does kalifornia title and register them for on road use ? or do they consider them to be a implement like a backhoe or bulldozer ?
Lemon laws typically only apply to cars , RV's and commercial trucks generally are not covered by them and heavy equipment is never covered by them and usually only has a 12 -18 month factory warranty.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Maybe California has something that the other 49 states doesn't have?

The Lemon Law (especially here in our state) is only for new vehicles. Used vehicles are sold "AS IS". If the vehicle for example died as you were driving off the lot it isn't the manufacturer or sellers problem or concern.

Missing parts on an auction vehicle - if there are pictures to prove what you purchased - could be argued.

Last edited:

peakbagger

More than a few SEEs got damage from being moved around on forklifts at the auction sites over the years. If you have photos of the loose equipment that was supposed to come with the sale, you have a potential claim against the auction house unless you waived it somehow (which happens frequently as there is usually a lot of fine print). The SEE aux equipment goes for big bucks on Ebay, there recently was listing for the whole set.

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
drove to mechanicsburg pa in '97 to grab a M880 for the town via the state OGS system .. truck was listed as a M880, Code A , operational, "drive it off the lot" .. I got there to find it was NOT a M880 but a M890, the driver-side door and bed had a pair of deep firmly-planted forklift dents , the fuel tank was likewise crushed, and driveshaft ruined .. you better believe there was a lot of one-sided hollering going on at the site office within ten minutes of that ... the 2-day trip was taken on my time and my POV.. i went home empty-handed, vowed to never deal with that location ever again

Last edited:

govsurplus

Well finally received an offer from Govplanet. They will eat the $750 and offer me $100.00 in future payment credit well' that expires on 5/12/2023 does anybody believe it's worth it? $100 will still leave me pissed. If you go and inspect a unit make sure you photo everything I will have to get the driver that was inspecting at the same time put his eyes on the unit but they keep telling me they did not photo everything and their photos are all that count. Long live liars

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had good luck with Govplanet and paying fair market for missing items. I bought a 2010 Crown Victoria Interceptor and it was missing radios and all switch panels that were in the pictures in the auction. Sent pictures of missing items plus photos from auction. Found prices for replacement radios and controls and got a check for $435 in a week after submitting. I have purchased close to $150,000 of items from them and made it sure to be known that every vehicle I've bought has come with what's in the pictures. Ended up paying $810 bucks for a running and rust free Interceptor!

Attachments

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was it gov planet or another auction through Ritchie Brothers?

How did they get around the $750 deductible?
It was a Govplanet auction. Never mentioned anything about a deductible. I just basically went on ebay, and found the missing parts and screenshotted and sent them the pictures and prices. They sent me a check. I almost didn't respond in time to the request but she was nice enough to follow thru. I guess I got lucky, I bid the car up to $1250 due to the fact that it had all the equipment in the pictures. The other interceptors all had the equipment removed and didn't sell at the $700 starting price and I explained to her that the reason I bid this up was because of the Motorola radios that were in the car that I have a license to use. Also they spray painted the whole sides of the car to mark out traffic enforcement, which is not illegal at all to have on the car. No police markings at all. I spent hours removing the paint and decals.

Attachments

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are very lucky. Never heard of anyone beating the $750 claim threshold.
There was much more missing in the car that I told the lady I was not interested in. A trunk full of orange cones and the damage to the vehicle due to them spray painting it. I probably could of had them repaint the car!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess I've lucked out, too.

Not that I remember how much they refunded me, but in one case a vehicle was dented and that was very hard to see in the photos.
The other case was a supposedly never used snow blower. Well, paint doesn't disappear from the auger without actual usage.

Both were before Ritchie, by the way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks