• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Ft Stewart/ Southern GA owners willing to teach?

Ghost Fox

I'm saving/waiting to find the right m1009 but I don't know a whole lot about working on trucks. I would really love to learn about working on them so if anyone in the area is planning on doing some work on theirs I'd love to help out and take the opportunity to learn about them. Thanks in advance

Ghost Fox

These seem like such badass monsters. A close family friend had a really nice 82 Blazer with the 350 completely stock, bought it brand new after he left the service. I use to ride in that thing all the time and loved it. Do you guys have working black out drive?

Ghost Fox

The auto craft shop on Stewart is pretty nice. You can do everything you would need to do to a CUCV there. They have everything from engine lifts to impact tools to tire machines. These CUCV's are very similar to to their civilian counterparts and are VERY easy to work on. This forum will provide you with 99% of the information you will need. If your rig needs something done, chances are it has been covered before! I did all of my work on my CUCV at the auto shop at Fort Knox and Fort Benning.

Attachments

Ghost Fox

Another great truck. I checked all over craigslist and govliquidators and there really arent any around here without having like 5k. I'll keep hunting though

sandcobra164

Back in the day (not THAT long ago), I was Active at Stewart. The hobby shop there is pretty good, they have most almost any tool you could ask for, and it was only about $3.50 an hour for a bay. I only pass through there now and then since I joined the GANG or GA National Guard. The nice thing about the hobby shop over there is the folks that run that shop. Unless they've changed personnel, those guys are real handy. Good luck with your search for a CUCV and for you and Blue2Actual or SSG Hall, "Rock of the Marne"!!!! Or "Feed me ammunition, keep me in the 3rd Division, you're Dog Faced Soldier's A OK!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks