• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any idea on what a White M2 is worth?

Dixiedog

Was looking at a running White M2 but just do not know current values on these, any help would be appreciated .

Bradym114

I'm looking at this as well, its set up as a m16, it should bring pretty high dollar. I'm betting between 30-40k. if your looking for a nice project I know a guy that has 2 halftracks with all the parts and repro rear armor to have both restored for 30k. They have been tore down and restoration was started, then the guy passed away.

AZDeuce

That is NOT a M2, you can tell by looking at the rear body and frame that it originally was a M3, I'm guessing a fairly early one, based on the serial number on the frame, and the headlights. Inside the rear compartment is set up as a M16A1, a lot of M3's were rebuilt into M16A1s. Ignore the data plate it is off another vehicle, the serial numbers don't match, and obviosly its a M3 based vehicle. What's unusual is the cut outs in the armor on both sides, the original M16s had those cut outs on the top 8" of armor that folded down. When M3s were converted to M16A1s since their armor did not fold down, they put an extra ring under the quad mount, so it would clear the stationary armor . I have never seen a M16A1 with those cut outs, I wonder if this was actually a prototype for the M16A1 and they decided a higher ring under the mount was a better/cheaper solution than cutting out the armor?

Definitely worth saving and fitting a quad mount in it, it would sure be unique.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys, be mindful of talking prices here if you all are watching/bidding.

Dixiedog

That is NOT a M2, you can tell by looking at the rear body and frame that it originally was a M3, I'm guessing a fairly early one, based on the serial number on the frame, and the headlights. Inside the rear compartment is set up as a M16A1, a lot of M3's were rebuilt into M16A1s. Ignore the data plate it is off another vehicle, the serial numbers don't match, and obviosly its a M3 based vehicle. What's unusual is the cut outs in the armor on both sides, the original M16s had those cut outs on the top 8" of armor that folded down. When M3s were converted to M16A1s since their armor did not fold down, they put an extra ring under the quad mount, so it would clear the stationary armor . I have never seen a M16A1 with those cut outs, I wonder if this was actually a prototype for the M16A1 and they decided a higher ring under the mount was a better/cheaper solution than cutting out the armor?

Definitely worth saving and fitting a quad mount in it, it would sure be unique.
Thanks for the info!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks